VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2020 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

I read somewhere that Six Flags has to invest a certain amount of money towards La Ronde every so often (maybe every year or few years?). If that is true, I guess it's an inexpensive way to add a new ride to the park. If the ride does end up there, it will be interesting to see with different regulations if the ride can run as intended like the Zac Spin coasters outside of the US.

La Ronde is such a hodge podge of attractions. They have a B&M mega coaster, a Batman: The Ride clone, and a Zamperla Giant Discovery. Those three seem pretty decent, and then there's a poorly kept SLC, a wooden coaster that has been described as brutally rough, and a few other unexceptional coasters. Pool that together with an uninspired layout, heavy crowds and poor operations, and it seems a disaster. If Green Lantern really does make its way there, that is kind of comical, from how violent that experience has been described as.

@Yoshi that is an interesting comment and perspective. I did not consider the varying laws in shifting from California to Canada. Perhaps they will run a neutered version of Green Lantern, making it more tolerable? I know that it was said to get a "re-tracking" of sorts, but I am not sure how to interpret this information. Especially considering that, from what I was told, the experience was painful due to the trains and restraints.

One reason that Six Flags New England would probably get a coaster is because they are announcing on the 28th of august for there 2020 new attraction. When they announce a ride early, it probably is a coaster. For example Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth came out a couple days early. I think it would go next to or in the turn around on Superman the Ride, and next to the lift hill on Batman: The Dark Knight. I know that the place near Batman is a little smaller, but that is where the launch track and the return track could be, while all the elements could be near the turn around on Superman: The Ride. I could see it themed to Wonder Woman.

56 minutes ago, SFNE fan said:

One reason that Six Flags New England would probably get a coaster is because they are announcing on the 28th of august for there 2020 new attraction. When they announce a ride early, it probably is a coaster. For example Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth came out a couple days early. I think it would go next to or in the turn around on Superman the Ride, and next to the lift hill on Batman: The Dark Knight. I know that the place near Batman is a little smaller, but that is where the launch track and the return track could be, while all the elements could be near the turn around on Superman: The Ride. I could see it themed to Wonder Woman.

The "252" teaser seen at the park is speculated as representing the first comic that Supergirl was introduced in - thus likely indicating a Zamperla Endeavour. I don't think that your reasoning is enough to believe there will be a new coaster. When I visited in 2018, my impression was that they would need to remove an attraction to even find the space for a new major addition, without having to clear trees.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 5:29 PM, Sluggo77 said:

I also heard that they updated the date to match the chains date since first putting it up but haven’t seen it first hand yet. 

This video confirms the change to the correct date.

Fiesta Texas:

2020 Teaser Hotline: (210) 697-5478

San Antonio Sam mentions a "Dive".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/permalink/2240500892743802/

67785220_10220616735992899_4478863252855

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 1

Magic Waters is teasing a 2020 addition.

The original plans in 2016 called for a Boomerango slide by Whitewater West to be added in the future. Here is a presentation that shows the slide sharing the tower that the Aqua Loop is on. It will be interesting to see if Six Flags sticks with those plans or adds something else there.

https://go.boarddocs.com/il/rpd/Board.nsf/files/AASK874FBB19/$file/2017 upgrades board presentation 6-13-16 Final [Read-Only].pdf

https://www.whitewaterwest.com/products/boomerango/

"New Attraction - Rumor - (8/13/19) Six Flags New England has posted what seems to be a teaser on the theater marquee in Rockville that says “252” on the top line and then “082919” on the second line, which is the date for the chain-wide 2020 announcements. So the question is… what exactly are they hinting at with 252? Height for the new attraction perhaps? I’m thinking that is too easy a hint, and the park already has a set of S&S towers and a Sky Screamer. Maybe it could represent something else entirely. Anyone else have any ideas?" This was on screamscape. I think the 252 is height for a new coaster, probably by S&S. Besides that, I have no clue, what do you guys think?

5 minutes ago, SFNE fan said:

"New Attraction - Rumor - (8/13/19) Six Flags New England has posted what seems to be a teaser on the theater marquee in Rockville that says “252” on the top line and then “082919” on the second line, which is the date for the chain-wide 2020 announcements. So the question is… what exactly are they hinting at with 252? Height for the new attraction perhaps? I’m thinking that is too easy a hint, and the park already has a set of S&S towers and a Sky Screamer. Maybe it could represent something else entirely. Anyone else have any ideas?" This was on screamscape. I think the 252 is height for a new coaster, probably by S&S. Besides that, I have no clue, what do you guys think?

337?cb=20060811145127

• Like 1

Agawam, MA Planning Board Agenda August 15th, 2019

https://www.agawam.ma.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_08152019-1078

AGENDA Revised August 13, 2019
A. 6:00 PM – Zoning Amendment – Personal Wireless Facilities & Towers – Mayor Sapelli
B. 6:10 PM – Zoning Amendment – Site Plan Review – Planning Board
C. 6:20 PM – Zoning Amendment – Permitted Uses in Business A – Planning Board
D. Site Plan – Ride Relocation – 1623 Main Street – VHB
E. Sign Plans – 466 South Westfield Street
F. Site Plan (Cont. to 9-5-19) – 266 Walnut St. – BBB Auto – Chuduk

1623 Main Street is Six Flags New England and they are presenting a Site Plan for a Ride Relocation.

SFGAm posted teaser video 3.

Edited by Medusa42

3 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Six Flags America’s 2020 attraction is going to be named Harley Quinn: Spin-Sanity.  Whatever it is, it is going in the spot where their Dare Devil Dive once stood.81AD52BF-0D92-4075-AB62-8CA095351F2A.thumb.jpeg.e1c1dcdbdb33b3f263eb2bd2bc4e1f4b.jpeg

I am confident it’s a Giant Discovery and not a Giga Discovery.  If you measure Riddler Revenge at SFOT from the center of a columns in Google Earth, you end up with a footprint of 118’ by 80’.

Here is the soil testing map I posted before:

YVXQVRS.jpg

EDIT: Added measurements of a Zamperla Giant Discovery.

OzxLYJF.png

Edited by Medusa42

Stay tuned for a MEGA announcement taking place one week from today 😮🤔🤫

No photo description available.
This was on Six Flags New England Facebook page, I think the new addition would be near batman the dark night because there are markers near there and the style of this photo is superhero comic, and we already know it is going to be themed to Supergirl with the 252. What makes me think it is a coaster though, is why would they say a "MEGA" announcement if it is a small thrilling flat ride, a coaster would fit that description and (This is probably not going to happen, but what if its a Mega coaster?) Also in the past 9 years, we have been getting a coaster every 2-3 years, so why stop the trend on there 150th? Also, we know there is going to be a ride relocation, but what will be moving? And will it stay in the park? There are a lot of unanswered question. We just have to wait for the 29th!