VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2020 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

This is the place to discuss 2020 news, rumors, and predictions for all Six Flags parks that are not Six Flags Great Adventure.

Rules:

1) To avoid redundant posting across topics, do not post about Great Adventure.

Parks:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:

Six Flags Magic Mountain:

Six Flags Mexico:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas:

Six Flags Over Texas:

Frontier City:

Six Flags St. Louis:

Six Flags Great America:

Six Flags Over Georgia:

Six Flags America:

Six Flags Darien Lake:

Six Flags New England:

Great Escape:

La Ronde:

Water Parks:

Hurricane Harbor Concord:

Hurricane Harbor LA:

Hurricane Harbor Phoenix:

Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec:

Hurricane Harbor Arlington:

Hurricane Harbor Splashtown:

White Water Bay:

Magic Waters:

White Water Atlanta:

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 1

Early Ride Removals:

Six Flags America: Skycoaster was removed from the Six Flags website and 2019 park map.  The park confirmed at an ACE event that the ride is being removed.

Six Flags Over Georgia: Splashwater Falls was removed from the Six Flags website and 2019 park map.

Six Flags Over Texas:  Aquaman Splashdown was removed from the Six Flags website and Under Funstruction signs are currently posted at the ride entrance.

Parks:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Family rides/DC SuperFriends and Bugs Bunny Boomtown 

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Flat ride in Samurai Summit 

Six Flags Mexico: Giant Discovery

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Water Park addition 

Six Flags Over Texas: Raptor or Mack Powerspalsh 

Frontier City: Skyscreamer 

Six Flags St. Louis: Freespin 

Six Flags Great America: Water park addition 

Six Flags Over Georgia: Freespin or water slides 

Six Flags America: Waterslides 

Six Flags Darien Lake: Flat rides 

Six Flags New England: Water Slide complex 

Great Escape: Family flat

La Ronde: family flat 

17 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

By the way, Medusa42, I know I want my new coaster at Great Adventure (tsk tsk RMC Raptor) but don't blame me, I can do nothing about it. Okay?

I do blame you, you are in complete control of your actions and no one wants to read the same comment across multiple threads over and over again.  Please move on or keep it to a single thread.

• Thanks 2

Here we go:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Tava's Jungleland becomes Bugs Bunny Boomtown

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Chance Freestyle (Hyperdrive) next to Scream, Giga Loop (Grease Lightning) near Apocalypse and WCR

Six Flags Mexico: Super Loop (El Diablo)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Water Park

Six Flags Over Texas: smaller additions in both main park and water park

Six Flags St. Louis: Free Spin (Two-Face: The Flip Side)

Six Flags Great America: Cyborg Hyperdrive (Kryptonite Collider from SFNE) in Demon's turn around-same area as Justice League

Six Flags Over Georgia: Free Spin (Two-Face: The Flip Side)

Six Flags America: Whistlestop Park becomes DC Super Friends

Six Flags Darien Lake: Free Spin (Batman the Ride), Ride of Steel becomes Superman: Ride of Steel, Lasso becomes Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth or Gotham City Crime Wave, Scrambler becomes Harleyquinn Spinsanity, Blast Off! becomes Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, Redhawk becomes Nightwing, Boomarang becomes Two-Face: the Flip Side

Six Flags New England: Superman gets new trains, plus Zamperla Endevor (Super Girl, replaces Kryptonite) and/or Mat Racer

Great Escape: Aquaman Splashdown from Over Texas replaces Go-karts

La Ronde: add the flats they have in storage

Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec got an addition last season so I say White Water Atlanta, HH Splashtown, and Magic Waters will see additions for 2020

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Here we go:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Tava's Jungleland becomes Bugs Bunny Boomtown

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Chance Freestyle (Hyperdrive) next to Scream, Giga Loop (Grease Lightning) near Apocalypse and WCR

Six Flags Mexico: Super Loop (El Diablo)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Water Park

Six Flags Over Texas: smaller additions in both main park and water park

Six Flags St. Louis: Free Spin (Two-Face: The Flip Side)

Six Flags Great America: Cyborg Hyperdrive (Kryptonite Collider from SFNE) in Demon's turn around-same area as Justice League

Six Flags Over Georgia: Free Spin (Two-Face: The Flip Side)

Six Flags America: Whistlestop Park becomes DC Super Friends

Six Flags Darien Lake: Free Spin (Batman the Ride), Ride of Steel becomes Superman: Ride of Steel, Lasso becomes Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth or Gotham City Crime Wave, Scrambler becomes Harleyquinn Spinsanity, Blast Off! becomes Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, Redhawk becomes Nightwing, Boomarang becomes Two-Face: the Flip Side

Six Flags New England: Superman gets new trains, plus Zamperla Endevor (Super Girl, replaces Kryptonite) and/or Mat Racer

Great Escape: Aquaman Splashdown from Over Texas replaces Go-karts

La Ronde: add the flats they have in storage

Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec got an addition last season so I say White Water Atlanta, HH Splashtown, and Magic Waters will see additions for 2020

i feel that Tava's Jungeland is too themed already in the animal part of the part to become Bug's Bunny. They would probably just redo their current Bug's Bunny area and then retheme Seaside Junction to DC Superfriends. 

It will be interesting to see if Green Lantern at Magic Mountain is scrapped or sent out of the country for La Ronde’s 2020 addition.

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

icon_STOPPark News - (3/23/19) Screamscape was able to get an official statement from Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Sue Carpenter regarding the fate of the park’s Green Lantern coaster: 

The Green Lantern: First Flight roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain is scheduled to be removed at a later, undetermined date to make room for future development. The park has no plans to open the ride before it is removed.

Six Flags Magic Mountain, the “Thrill Capital of the World,” continues to have an unparalleled world-class roller coaster collection.  The park is open daily and will debut the world’s first dual racing launch coaster, West Coast Racers, later this year.

So there you have it… Green Lantern: First Flight is officially no more, and we will see the one and only Intamin ZacSpin coaster in the American continent removed. There are currently only three other such coasters, all located in Europe: Inferno at Terra Mitica, Insane at Grona Lund and Kirnu at Linnanmaki.

I wonder if it will be relocated (probably unlikely), sold or scrapped. I remember reading that Six Flags tried to not have the ride flip as much as other ZacSpin coasters and that caused problems (I don't know how true that is though), and the exact same model Insane is supposed to run really well.

6 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

I wonder if it will be relocated (probably unlikely), sold or scrapped. I remember reading that Six Flags tried to not have the ride flip as much as other ZacSpin coasters and that caused problems (I don't know how true that is though), and the exact same model Insane is supposed to run really well.

I've heard that executives from La Ronde were looking at the ride today. 

10 hours ago, DropDeadFuzy said:

Could just repaint it and name it Total Mayhem.

Great Escape probably would still be unable to make a return on the investment as quickly compared to the other parks (could fit it between Steamin' Demon and Desparado Plunge, repaint it Black, and call it Chupacabra). The only other logical places are next to Comet (prefer to put more water park there) or replace Flashback (even more unlikely than sending it there). I also thought about removing/relocating the Ferris wheel.

7 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Looks like Tidal Wave won't open at SFSTL this year. It might be hint that the ride will removed to replaced by a new coaster (RMC Raptor).

Tidal Wave to supposed to expanding rehabbing this year but a new coaster might replace the ride next year.

I doubt the ride is being removed.  The sign says “Tidal Wave Closed for the 2019 Season for Extended Rehab”.

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Oh, nevermind, but there's another possibity there will be a new coaster aka RMC Raptor aheading to St. Louis...possibity Great Adventure (2020) soon.

Reread the name of this thread.... NOT GREAT ADVENTURE. STOP TALKING ABOUT A  RAPTOR at GA. You are making this whole forum rather unpleasant to visit anymore. Every single post , on every single thread , across the entire site, you say the exact same thing. STOP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Has anyone ever heard any reasons why Magic Mountain does not have a Skyscreamer ride? It would seem like a good fit for that park and the only reason I can think of is because of earthquake risks. And yet Discovery Kingdom has one so that probably isn’t the case.   I can’t imagine that Knotts’ issue with their swing ride influenced Magic Mountain decision not to build one because of bad PR with that type of ride. 

I am not sure what the actual reason is.  I have seen some people claim the size of the foundation needed for a record breaking Star Flyer would be cost prohibitive due to the earthquake standards it would need to meet.  Not sure I buy into that one because the park could just settle for a standard 240 ft. tall ride.  Other people claim it is due to the Mondial Windseeker issues at Knott's Berry Farm.  I don't buy into that either because the Funtime Star Flyer is a completely different ride with different safety systems and a 150 ft. tall version of the ride is allowed to operate at Discovery Kingdom.

It also seems odd that Six Flags Great America has never received a Skyscreamer,  the park has a 310 ft. maximum height limit.

Edited by Medusa42
typo

On 3/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Has anyone ever heard any reasons why Magic Mountain does not have a Skyscreamer ride? It would seem like a good fit for that park and the only reason I can think of is because of earthquake risks. And yet Discovery Kingdom has one so that probably isn’t the case.   I can’t imagine that Knotts’ issue with their swing ride influenced Magic Mountain decision not to build one because of bad PR with that type of ride. 

The one at DK is very small, so maybe the earthquake theory still holds? MM would never get one that size. I assume they'd probably go for one of the 400 ft models if they were to get one. Maybe they've just always had something better in the pipeline.

On 3/24/2019 at 12:39 AM, DropDeadFuzy said:

According to someone on the Inside Universal forums, this is a done deal and the ride is headed to La Ronde with the new trains that were cycling the other day.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:02 AM, Medusa42 said:

According to someone on the Inside Universal forums, this is a done deal and the ride is headed to La Ronde with the new trains that were cycling the other day.

Will also need a new theme.  No DC IP at La Ronde. 

^There are some problems with this idea that make me skeptical that a Mack Powersplash will fit in that space at SFOT.  It's a really tight fit and Daffy Duck Bucket Blaster's would need to be removed.  I am not sure how much water space would be required to make this ride work (the train tracks are really close on one side) and it seems like the train and train tracks would be splashed by the ride on a regular basis.  This ride might be possible if the Pandemonium coaster is relocated to another park in order to free up more space.  I wish more people would learn how to measure things in Google Earth and that they would realize that a Mack PowerSplash has a footprint that is about 530 ft. long.

7WJDoIE.png

Great Escape could benefit from Pandamonium or Gotham City Gauntlet, especially since i've heard bobsled has barely operated in recent years. Could relocate the bobsled back to Great Adventure into Plaza as La Vibora lol (note the "lol").

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

Great Escape could benefit from Pandamonium or Gotham City Gauntlet, especially since i've heard bobsled has barely operated in recent years. Could relocate the bobsled back to Great Adventure into Plaza as La Vibora lol (note the "lol").

I agree, one of these Pandemonium clones would be a great fit for a park like Great Escape or Frontier City.  I figure the one at Fiesta Texas is going to become available eventually because it is blocking off a large chunk of undeveloped land.  The one at Over Texas might be available if the park is getting a Mack PowerSplash.  Great Escape said they are make improvements to Alpine Bobsled this year, so it should be running more often.