VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Memorial Day Weekend 2008 - Summer's Here

Happy Memorial Day !!!

gallery_2_196_470028.jpg

The big weekend is here - the unoffical start to the summer season at Great Adventure! It's time for strolling through the park, getting drenched on Congo Rapids, and taking a nighttime jouney to the stars over the treetops aboard Nitro!

So what are your "must do's" at Great Adventure this summer ?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to everyone I hope you all enjoy the extended weekend.

For me this summer, my must do's are:

1.) At least one ride on TDK every time we visit

2.) Get on every flat in the park so as not to miss out in case anything is on its final legs

3.) Take in the Glow in the Park Parade

4.) Get a picture with every single character inside the park (just for kicks)

5.) Ride every coaster in the park at least3 or four times

6.) And most importantly is just to enjoy every visit we get. One never knows when things will come up to stop you from getting there, so each visit has to be enjoyed thoroughly :)

I want to spend an ENTIRE day at the park. I want to start out early at the Safari, then spend some time enjoying Hurricane Harbor. Later in the afternoon I want us to head over to the Theme Park, take in some of the shows and attraction, and wrap up the evening with the Glow in the Park parade.

Just like when I was a kid ! (less Hurricane Harbor!) :)

I could not agree more 29yrs. Start off at the safari, be at the Harbor for opening, then head to the park around 4 or 5 for dinner at Best Of The West. Take in a show or two, then end it all with the Parade. If only Yum-Yum Palace was still Yum-Yum Palace. I can picture sitting on the patio area with a Sunday watching the parade go by. I quess i'll just have to go to Cold Stone then run over to the patio for the parade. And you know what, that will be just as good. :Mickeymorph:

Edited by Railer

I like that idea Harry. For me though, since I'm not a water park person (nor do I have a 3 park pass since we don't use the water park) it becomes slightly tougher to be at the park all day only because we only do the two places instead of three. I like the idea for us to do the safari around 2:30-3:00 to break up the day. I figure many people are at the park already by that time and inside so the safari might not be too crowded, and it kind of gives that break from everything. I'm also the type of person who sometimes likes to bring a nice sub and snacks and just leave them in a cooler in the car, and kind of just go outside for a bit to have lunch/early dinner and relax for a few minutes off my feet. This can get us back inside in time for the parade and all will be well. Though everyone does seem to like HH so maybe I wll check it out. I keep telling myself I want to so why not one day right?

I have the three park pass just for stopping in to HH after work on weekdays. Generally the park is too crowded for my tastes during the height of the day, and I burn very easily in the sun, so I like to leave work a little early on hot days and go to HH for an hour or two of slides and lazy river and wave pool. It's really nice, and since I got rid of my pool, it's a great place to cool off. Then after that, I like to head into the theme park and grab some food at Best of the West.

I just want to get to the park tis year, moving back to nj on july 10 , so i should have no problem hiiting all 3!. i hav ent been to GA sine 1998 and the last ride i rode was batman. im ready to get my coaster on!