VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Best Rows for Every RollerCoaster at SFGadv

Joseph_D

I am going on Sunday to SFGadv and I have an amazing longtime friend accompanying me. It's his first time going ever. I've gone a lot. Just wanted to hear from other people on wear the best thrills are on every rollercoaster. I know pretty much where to go, but just want to hear your opinion. I've shown him POV's of every ride and he's so ready. I just hope it's not a different story when he sees them in person. But.. This is where I usually sit when I go to the park.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, AND WHERE IN YOUR OPINION IS THE BEST ROW

Below are MY OPINIONS - 

KINGDA KA - Not the front row, and nothing past the fifth row. Last time when I went on the front row, I blacked out. The wind was too much. I don't even remember being at the top. Anything after the fifth row for me is way too rough.

SUPERMAN : ULTIMATE FLIGHT - The back row.. It feels faster for me..

GREEN LANTERN - Which ever row has the least amount of people waiting to board, I always expect my legs to hurt after.

EL TORO - The back row..or back car.. The first drop in the back row is amazing.. I wasn't expecting to whipped down that fast.. Definitely caught me off guard..

BIZZARRO - The back row.. Once again.. It feels faster for me

THE RUNAWAY MINE TRAIN - What ever is available..

SKULL MOUNTAIN - The back row.. Being pulled over the drop halfway up the lift hill was totally unexpected.

BATMAN : THE RIDE - Whatever is available.. I expect my head to pound after..

NITRO - The back row.. The best floater airtime, and the drop after the mid-course brake run is so underrated.

ONCE AGAIN, FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, AND WHERE IN YOUR OPINION IS THE BEST ROW

Kingda Ka, front row because it's the smoothest. I normally will go for the 2nd row since I usually don't feel like waiting extra time for the front row.

Superman, front row for unobstructed views

Green Lantern, no preference

El Toro, last row

Bizarro, front row so you get the floorless effect the best where it looks like your feet can hit the track 

Runaway Mine Train, first row of any car since it has more leg room

Skull Mountain, last row for the airtime on the first drop.

Batman, front row same reason as Superman.

Nitro, last row for the airtime.

I prefer the second to last row on El Toro because it is not above a wheel unlike the very last row and wheel seats on woodies tend to be a lot rougher than non wheel seats. For Nitro I found row 7 to be my favorite but any row is good on both coasters as I tend to find empty seats for re rides when I ride them.

• Like 1

Everything is a backrow for me......

......except Kingda Ka and Green Lantern, both are too forceful in the back for enjoyment, Kingda Ka is a middle seater or front row for me, while Green Lantern I will only ride in the front row no exceptions, that ride is way too rough anywhere else.

El Toro: last row/last car

Runaway Mine Train: somewhere in the middle (noticeably smoother than the front or back)

Bizarro: Back row (great hang time and some nice pops of floater)

Nitro: Back row (Air time)

Skull Mountain: Back row (completely changes the ride. The airtime is absolutely ridiculous, and not just on the first drop either)

Batman: Somewhere towards the front

Superman: no preference

Green Lantern: Front (smoother)

Kingda Ka: Front row (intensity)

Joker: no preference

In the front row, you get more hang time at the top of hills and it's generally a smoother ride. In the back row, you get pulled over the hill faster but the ride is usually rougher. The front is more exciting because you are seeing everything coming at you without a bunch of cars and heads in front of you. You should try the front row of Kingda Ka again. It seems to go by so much faster that It wasn't until the 3rd time that I new I was at the top when I actually was. The first 2 times I was at the bottom before I realized I hit the top. The front row is the best.

Edited by TheFishMan
Better explanation

On 6/30/2019 at 1:48 PM, TheFishMan said:

In the front row, you get more hang time at the top of hills and it's generally a smoother ride. In the back row, you get pulled over the hill faster but the ride is usually rougher. The front is more exciting because you are seeing everything coming at you without a bunch of cars and heads in front of you. You should try the front row of Kingda Ka again. It seems to go by so much faster that It wasn't until the 3rd time that I new I was at the top when I actually was. The first 2 times I was at the bottom before I realized I hit the top. The front row is the best.

Edited by Joseph_D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nitro: Front Row, Clear Sky, Night Ride is by far the best ride I have had on any coaster at Great Adventure. Truly unbelievable. I would try to hit that if you can. Back row during the day but if you are going at night you HAVE to do nitro front row

• Like 1