VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

My mistake on something. The circuit will actually not be completed likely until next week. While NJ-6 will be topping off the lift hill momentarily, the transfer track pieces NJ-76 and NJ-77 have not yet been installed. I initially thought they were installed on January 15, last Friday. One more exciting milestone to look forward to for next week! Thank you to Alex from TheCoasterSpot for pointing this out.

Edited by XENITH

22 hours ago, MarioSonic94 said:

So track work's gonna be finished by the end of the month.

Is it possible that Jersey Devil is gonna be the first coaster since Nitro to be up and running by opening day? 🤔

There’s a chance! Still a ton more to go into the ride after track is finished. Queue/station construction, programming, testing and training for crews. Probably more likely that it opens after opening day, but still possible!

1 hour ago, Tbone112499 said:

There’s a chance! Still a ton more to go into the ride after track is finished. Queue/station construction, programming, testing and training for crews. Probably more likely that it opens after opening day, but still possible!

So you're saying there's a chance.

1 hour ago, Tbone112499 said:

At the very least, I can see Jersey Devil being open by spring break.

14 hours ago, MarioSonic94 said:

At the very least, I can see Jersey Devil being open by spring break.

Opening weekend is the start of the Spring Break operations, Easter is on 4/4. Maybe allow members and passholders on, but I don't expect it to one to the public till late April.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, Pineracer said:

Opening weekend is the start of the Spring Break operations, Easter is on 4/4. Maybe allow members and passholders on, but I don't expect it to one to the public till late April.

I’d agree with this. I think, realistically, there is a bit too much work left to set an opening weekend debut. Here is some of the work left to do:

• Element-Specific Work
    • Lift hill work; catwalk and railing installation, lift motor installation, lift hill electrical for catwalk beacons and other components (the park themselves said this will take a couple of weeks), netting installation
    • The station; erection the steel skeleton structure, roof and wall/fence installation, deck installation and concrete pour for the deck, installation of electrical mechanisms and sensors for the continuous train movement and restraints, main operator panel and computer panel installations, installation of transport devices for continuous factor 
    • The transfer track; transfer track installation (the last two pieces of track yet to be installed), transfer track testing, catwalk and netting installation
    • Storage barn; erection the steel skeleton structure, roof and wall/fence installation, deck installation, installation of electrical mechanisms and sensors, installation of transport devices
    • Ride brain/control room; installation of all ride computers and systems and their accompanying electrical components, concrete pour for then floor, roof installation
    • Queue line/flash pass; installation of the two large canopy structures and the sail canopies, wooden mold for the queue line route, concrete pour for the queue line route, installation of queue railings, possible erection of a protective structure for the route that passes under the lift hill
    • Exit; construction of the ramp, installation of the railings, concrete pour for the running deck
    • Brake run; catwalk and netting installation
    • Midcourse; catwalk and netting installation
  • General Work
    • Proximity sensor placements along the entirety of the ride circuit
    • Final anchor bolt torques for all 130 columns
    • Fix the gap between two track pieces at the entrance of the zero g roll
    • Pull through test for clearance
    • Ride programming
    • Door installations in the computer room and storage barn
    • Fencing/warning signs for restricted areas and lockout zones around the ride perimeter
    • Queue line/general theming with the Green Lantern parallax head and El Diablo statue included 
    • Gravel pour for the ride area
    • Testing, inspection, state certification
    • Entrance portal construction
    • General site cleanup 
    • Catwalk lighting
    • Possible light package for the coaster

After this is complete, there is still more work left to do with the area as a whole:

• Koala Canyon bathrooms interior remodel
  • Construction of new path molds for the midway and concrete pouring for these paths
  • Possible planters on the midway
  • Replacing old Seaport-themed paths with new ones

I think that this amount of work still remaining doesn’t really warrant an opening day debut. I think something in mid to late April, given no extensive delays occur, is most realistic; however, I still think that the park will make their best push for opening weekend, so I could very well be wrong here. Not to undermine the crews (we’ve seen the sheer speed they work at and it is still unbelievable), but this still seems like a lot of work that will take more than 2 months to complete. 

Edited by XENITH

5 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

More Photos from Six Flags Great Adventure on Instagram! 🤩

AFC5A4F2-83CC-42A9-8C6B-AC4862F4C2DA.jpeg

30E00C89-8689-440C-9BEB-B3BD5BBD6EB4.jpeg

man they really did a good job at building it its only been like a month since they restarted and man they did a lot. I know this is going to be a masterpiece

What a historic day and a historic month! Crews installed track piece NJ-6 and topped off the ride this morning around 8:05 AM EST. In traditional Six Flags Great Adventure fashion, crews signed the final track piece and it was swiftly hoisted into the air. From January 3rd to today, crews installed a whopping 33 track pieces, including one day where a record 5 track pieces were installed (NJ-67 to NJ-71). Looking back on the entire course of trackwork, the first known track piece was installed on March 24, 2020, and topping off occurred 307 days later. The circuit has still yet to be completed as the transfer track (NJ-76 and NJ-77) pieces have yet to be installed. 

On 8/29/2019 at 5:30 AM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Here is an odd little tidbit that I am not sure they were counting on:

- Jersey Devil will be the park's 6th highest coaster (Kingda Ka, Nitro, El Toro, Green Lantern, Bizarro, and JD)
- Jersey Devil will be the park's 6th longest coaster (Nitro, El Toro, Green Lantern, Bizarro, Kingda Ka, and JD)
- Jersey Devil will be the park's 6th fastest coaster (Kingda Ka, Nitro, El Toro, Green Lantern, Bizarro, and JD)

Interesting stats (6-6-6) for a roller coaster themed to the Jersey Devil! 

An even more ironic part about this running theme of sixes: NJ-6 was the last track piece that topped off the lift hill!

Some more milestones/benchmarks for JERSEY DEVIL COASTER:

JERSEY DEVIL COASTER was topped off:

• 515 days (1 year, 4 months, and 4 weeks) after it was officially announced to the public on August 29, 2019.
  • 439 days (1 year, 2 months, and 2 weeks) after it first broke ground on November 13, 2019.
  • 425 days (1 year, 1 month, 4 weeks, and 1 day) after the first concrete was poured for the ride's footings on November 27, 2019.
  • 398 days (1 year and 1 month) after the first pier cap was formed on Christmas Eve of 2019.
  • 378 days (1 year, 1 week, and 6 days) after the first shipment of steel support columns arrived at the park on January 13, 2020. 
  • 343 days (11 months, 1 week, and 2 days) after the first shipment of bright orange track arrived at the park on February 17, 2020. 
  • 329 days (10 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days) after vertical construction began on March 2, 2020.
  • 290 days (9 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days) after the initial non-essential construction shutdown on April 10, 2020. 
  • 28 days (4 weeks) after construction resumed on December 28, 2020 (you can fit 18 and a half of these inside of the 515 day period from announcement to top-off!)
Edited by XENITH

Another irony with the theme of sixes as it appears JERSEY DEVIL COASTER will have 6 block zones: Unload Block, Load Block, Lift Block, Ride A, Ride B, and the Transfer Block. At this point, don't be surprised if the lift hill runs at 6 mph 😆

**NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL DOCUMENT. SCHEMATIC CREATED BY XENITH.WAV 2021

BLOCK.thumb.jpg.af60acdd8e439e8de9284b77e4ab662e.jpg

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 1

Final Track Piece Set on Triple Record-Breaking Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure

Jersey Devil Coaster topped off January 25

JACKSON, NJ – January 26, 2021 – The final track piece of Jersey Devil Coaster, the world’s tallest, longest, and fastest single-rail coaster, was placed yesterday afternoon. This “topping off” 130 feet in the sky marks the completion of track construction on Six Flags Great Adventure’s highly-anticipated scream machine, which is set to open in 2021.

Iron workers from TCN & Co, the ride’s erection company which is based in Marlton, New Jersey, along with the ride’s manufacturer and Six Flags project supervisor, signed the final piece of orange steel before it ascended to its final resting place atop the extreme, 87-degree, vertical drop.

Following the topping off, construction, maintenance, and engineering teams will focus on:

·         Installing the chain link lift mechanism that will hoist riders to the top of the 13-story hill;

·         Adding four devilishly-designed trains that feature an inline style, with riders sitting low and single file while straddling the smooth, I-beam track;

·         Building the ride station including a moving platform, transfer track, maintenance area and queue;

·         Installing the ride controls;

·         Extensive ride testing; and

·         Inspections and NJ state certification.

All phases will be completed before the first passengers board the ride later this season. An opening date for the coaster has not yet been set.

Towering 13 stories, at speeds up to 58 mph, Jersey Devil Coaster riders will soar single file through the dark and foreboding woods over 3,000 feet of track. Inspired by infamous New Jersey mythology, the cutting-edge coaster will feature five intense elements including three dramatic inversions.

Key features of the Jersey Devil Coaster include:

·         Four sleek trains of 12 passengers each sitting low and inline style (one rider per row) with their legs straddling either side of the monorail track;

·         3,000 feet of soaring, single-rail, I-beam track;

·         Tension-building ascent up a towering, 130-foot lift hill;

·         Flying at speeds up to 58 mph;

·         Intense elements including a steep 87-degree first drop and overbank cutback; and

·         Three dramatic inversions including a 180-degree stall, raven dive, and zero-gravity roll.

For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

large.2059878574_PhotoJDCwideshot.JPG.be

large.2135359250_PhotoJDCtoppingoffcompl

large.1246841091_PhotoJDCflagaerialclose

large.4199693_PhotoJDCfinalpiececloseup.

• Like 6

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Jersey Devil Coaster - Final Piece of Track Set

Here is a queue, flash pass, exit, and station schematic I made for JDC. I really like this path system for the coaster and the station set-up is fantastic as well! One thing to note is the lift-underpass protective structure, which is not outlined in the original drawing but I assume will be constructed considering most queue lines that pass under ride elements have some sort of structure over the line; whether it be a canopy or roofed structure. Refer to the several legends throughout the map to understand what different components are. Thanks and enjoy!

**NOT AN OFFICIAL DOCUMENT. SCHEMATIC BY XENITH.WAV 2021

JDC_QUEUE.thumb.jpg.17eaa7345933a9f86d1d7e281bdc82c5.jpg

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 1