VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Forecast for season opening is not looking as good, Sat 4/12, 51 cloudy and rainy, Sun 4/13, 51 and some sun.

If you believe in such long range forecasts, as of today it is suppose to be 73 and sunny on opening day. I honestly don't trust the weatherman's forecast for tomorrow let alone weeks in advance!

I agree about that. There have been so many times over the past few years where I am trying to plan which day to go to the park and it shows something like a 60% chance of rain that day and then it changes to 20% chance of rain and sunny most of the day.

Unfortunately I have also had the opposite happen where it wasn't supposed to start raining until later at night and I got to the park in the early afternoon and after a couple of hours it started to storm. When that happens, I ride TDK and Skull Mountain a few times and then leave.

If it is 73, that would be great since it would be the first opening weekend in a while that I was able to wear shorts and a t-shirt to the park and not have to wear a sweatshirt, gloves, jeans and a jacket.

Edited by Yoshi

If you believe in such long range forecasts, as of today it is suppose to be 73 and sunny on opening day. I honestly don't trust the weatherman's forecast for tomorrow let alone weeks in advance!

Awesome 73 in April? Now that's what I'm talking about! :)

Now we just need to hope it happens, maybe this can be the one time the forecast doesn't change?

Edited by RC98

Now, again these long range forecasts are usually 0% accurate, but between the period of April 8-10, a strong coastal storm may impact the area, and if it is cold enough, though highly unlikely, it could be snow.

Good news for the upcoming season, no coasters are adding seatbelts this year. After Full Throttle, Titan, Superman Ultimate Flight (SFDK) and Golitah (SFMM) added them I thought there was going to be a possibility that some of the coasters (especially Nitro) would get them and I'm glad that's not happening.

besides nitro, what other coasters would need seatbelts? I know on nitro, i don't fit well in the restraint. Either its too tight or loose enough that i can move a little too much.

I thought Skull Mountain and Runaway Mine Train might get them too since during the later part of the past season they were more strict about parents and kids sitting in the same row with the shared lap bar at Skull Mountain.

Edited by Yoshi

That's the one ride that my kids rather ride with each other than with me for that same exact reason. Last time I rode it with my daughter we were in the back row and when we went over the 1st drop, she thought she was going to fly right out.

I recieved a survey from Six Flags yesterday. It was about the appearance of employees. It asked about tattoos, bracelets, and highlights in hair. They are changing policies on these. I put at the end of the survey that all i'm concerned about is the line jumpers and security.

I recieved a survey from Six Flags yesterday. It was about the appearance of employees. It asked about tattoos, bracelets, and highlights in hair. They are changing policies on these. I put at the end of the survey that all i'm concerned about is the line jumpers and security.

I don't care if a employee has weird colors in their hair, or tattoos. I've seen employees with their tattoos covered up and it looks worse than if it was not. Sometimes I seriously thought they got hurt or had a disease until i realized they were just covering a tattoo.

Staff appearance isn't the most important thing for me, it's how friendly and helpful they are that matters IMO. If someone has a tattoo and is a friendly, outgoing employee, I would be just as likely to go to them for help as someone without one.

Edited by RC98

Now only if they could change the uniform color! I was jealous when I went to sfa,they have nice blue shirts! Edited by jdc12192

Number 1 thing on my list of concerns is deff the line jumpers. Its out of hand at GADV. Who cares about tattoos. Almost all my friends have them and half the time people I meet with tattoos are nicer then the people without. Nice to see people are still so fast to judge based on appearance. The crowds GADV draws as a whole is a little meh, to say it nicely. The past few years I find myself more willing to take the drive to Dorney or Hershey. I feel bad saying that because I grew up every year going to GADV