VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Can anyone confirm that Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro have/are running simultaneously? Just watched a park vlog from the theme park maniacs, and it obviously showed Kingda Ka running along with Zumanjaro from up close.

They have run at the same time for only 2 exceptions- the commercial shoot and if Zumanjaro is broken down and it is doing a test run. Otherwise they run separately. They can only run at the same time in maintenance mode. Without it being in maintenance mode the computers are programed to not let it run simultaneously.

Consider it practice for HITP.

The forecasted temps this friday would be an unusually mild day for Dec. Practice for HITP would be sitting in a meat locker, wish I could laugh about it. Just seems like everytime I want to go the park it is cold out. Went yesterday and it was freezing so I mainly rode indoor rides.

It's $20 and you get those items and 20% off any purchases from the shops for the season (I'm not sure if it applies to regular price items only or also works on sale/clearance items).

Dress warmly, Friday night is going to get pretty cold, down to 43 by 9PM with high winds. There is even a freeze watch for Jackson that night, where the heck did spring go? Last time it was this cold for CAD the park closed an hour early.

Edited by The Master

As much as I was looking forward to going to the park tonight, I think I'm going to skip it. Right now it's 48 in Jackson and feels like 42 and gusts are reported to be up to 24 mph. Besides rides like the Skyway and Parachutes, I wonder if that might cause rides like Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro to not run. I could deal with the cold, but the wind chill might be an issue. I also would hate to drive to the park and then have them close around 7 because not enough people are there.

I went a while ago in weather colder than today, and I was alright for the most part but I learned to always bring gloves; my hands felt dead after only 4 coasters.

Yeah, no lines whatsoever. Longest line was 20 minutes, and that was only because Kingda Ka broke down. Second was El Toro (15 minutes) and that was the park being so empty that they had to wait for people to come to the coaster to fill up each train. The park was really empty, I got to ride every coaster and more! I'm glad everything opened (even though Zumanjaro closed early due to technical difficulties). The cold really wasn't that bad; I dressed for the worst but it was tolerable.

Such a good night. You could almost stay on any ride for as long as you wanted. 6 re-rides on el toro and even got re-rides on nitro in the front. Also hung out in the kingda ka station for a while before closing as it broke down while I was in it. Wound up getting a re-ride to finish the night so it was all good.

Really glad to see that all of the effects were working on Skull Mountain. Even some props were lit up that haven't been lit up recently, such as pumpkins throughout the ride. Plus, most of the effects were working The Dark Knight except for the train at the end; all the lights were off, too. It was an awesome night to get re-rides and even ride rides that i would normally skip due to long lines.

^ and they plugged all the light "leaking" in, it's darker than it's been in year's. Even after my eyes adjusted, and a couple re-rides, most of the ride your in total darkness except for the effect's. Only thing left is the Waterfall, tomorrow i'll take a ride on the "Big Wheel", see if any work has been done.