VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

My original plan was to visit the park either on monday, tuesday or wednesday at the last week of june to avoid big crowds but now the weather forecast predicts best weather on weekend.

An overcast day with showers can be your best friend = less crowded park. Just as you are indicating people tend to stay away and want the best weather day.

Realize this is the first week public schools are out in NJ/NY so crowds may increase...I think PA is already out.

Don't waste money on a FlashPass unless you have to. Check the lines first..and you can always go back and get one if needed.

Also stay late...lines can disappear after dinner time.

Rainy, overcast days at the park can be your best friend. The park runs everything except Ka, and the B&Ms seem to kick into an extra gear when the track is wet. And the best part? Light crowds, because most people just assume rain = rides closed.

Rainy, overcast days at the park can be your best friend. The park runs everything except Ka, and the B&Ms seem to kick into an extra gear when the track is wet. And the best part? Light crowds, because most people just assume rain = rides closed.

An overcast day with showers can be your best friend = less crowded park. Just as you are indicating people tend to stay away and want the best weather day.

Realize this is the first week public schools are out in NJ/NY so crowds may increase...I think PA is already out.

Don't waste money on a FlashPass unless you have to. Check the lines first..and you can always go back and get one if needed.

Also stay late...lines can disappear after dinner time.

Thank you for those advises! I definitely consider those although for me it's very important to get a change to ride also Kingda Ka, which I know won't run if it rains... Maybe if the forecast predicts only occasionally showers there is a good change to ride Ka between those showers? Or does the coaster need long time after rain to operate again?

And I'm gonna stay pretty late 'cos the NJ transfer bus leaves from the park as late as 9.30 pm, so I have quite much time to be in the park...

One more thing I have wondered... Me and my brother both have glasses and we won't see well without them. I assume, that in those wild coasters you are not allowed to wear glasses which is pity 'cos I think that takes some excitement away if you won't see well. . I read from some other forum that at least in year 2012 in cedar point and six flags parks there were possibility to buy straps for your glasses to keep them from falling off your head.

Do you happen to know if that's still the case? Or do you have some other advice concerning eyeglasses in wild rollercoasters?

That and people don't like walking around in the rain if they can help it. Also riding a coaster in the rain can be painful, rode Steel Force in the rain once and never again.

One more thing I have wondered... Me and my brother both have glasses and we won't see well without them. I assume, that in those wild coasters you are not allowed to wear glasses which is pity 'cos I think that takes some excitement away if you won't see well. . I read from some other forum that at least in year 2012 in cedar point and six flags parks there were possibility to buy straps for your glasses to keep them from falling off your head.

Do you happen to know if that's still the case? Or do you have some other advice concerning eyeglasses in wild rollercoasters?

You can get a strap like this: HERE at amy Walgreens, CVS,or other pharmacy for pretty cheap. They will let you wear your glasses on every ride with that. Without a strap you have to take glasses of on KK. Other rides allow them but you risk them flyng off.

You can get a strap like this: HERE at amy Walgreens, CVS,or other pharmacy for pretty cheap. They will let you wear your glasses on every ride with that. Without a strap you have to take glasses of on KK. Other rides allow them but you risk them flyng off.

^Also, I think they sell a strap like that in the Main Street Market. At least, they did last year.

Ok. Really good to know. Thank's again :)

It's giving diif rides. I took it a 2nd time, and it was for Justice League then. But the 1st ride means more to me, because it would have to be more than just the ride if we got it, a section of the Park would have to come back if we got this. It would be re-using something we already have, in a really awesome way.

EDIT : It has given me 3 different rides so far. Now it gave me a 4th ride option. They all look pretty good, but 1 so far has been the best.

Edited by Railer

I got three separate ride also. The first, as I mentioned sounds great. The second one I got doesn't appeal to me but would be nice for families. The last one I got is the ride I think the park needs over anything else, and one I was predicting for next year until the clues led me in a different direction.

I see it as "Full Throttle" meet's "Twisted Colossus". But i know the water line marker's in the front of the park that i posted early this season could make sense now, they WERE done for something. And that animation's layout does fit that area with almost the same element along the parking lot just like Magic Mountain.