VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

With Hurricane Harbor I think it's more understandable. With a high in the mid 60's and rain forecasted, the employees would probably out number the guests. Other water parks have policies where if it doesn't reach a certain temperature, they won't open. Michigan Adventure's minimum is 65 degrees.

For the theme park, it doesn't seem to happen often under the current management. I remember that previous management would close the park on the chance of bad weather more frequently.

is this something new that the park doesn't open due to weather? I cant recall the park every saying its closed due to weather, unless its a real bad hurricane

I think we are noticing it more just because it doesn't really go by weather. It comes from a business stand point where if the weather is crappy and crowds are low or barely existence they close. That's probably what happened today, the weather + the expected/estimated number of guest(which the park has daily) wasn't worth it to open.

The first time I was ever in HH it closed early because of cool weather and very low crowds. I remember a few years ago the dry park would sometimes close early on bright sunny days because of "bad weather," more likely the crowds weren't high enough for them to stay open to the posted hours. These days the park is too crowded for that to happen unless it really is bad weather.

Great day at the park so far. I'm kind of relaxing and taking my time but went on superman 1x and El Toro 3x.

What is the purpose of the 1 beer per person wrist bands when you can just rip it off and go get a beer at another place? Lol just seems pointless

Edited by SatansHockey

Got to see the joker test today, looks fun. I took some video I can throw up later, I'm amazed at how quiet the ride is.

I think it's ironic how this ride comes from the same company that makes some of the noisiest rides. (Looking at you, Screamin' Swings and air-powered towers)

Does anyone know if you can bring a tablet into either Gadv or HH. My guess is yes but I don't want to be turned around by security. Going to HH on Sunday and want to watch the Indy 500 while sitting by the wave pool.

It should be ok since tablets aren't on the prohibited items list:

Lawn chairs and folding chairs

Magic markers, spray paint and aerosol cans

Glass bottles

Knives or chains

Spiked clothing or jewelry

Fireworks and explosives

Firearms and ammunition

Chemical weapons, including mace and pepper spray

Selfie sticks, monopods, and similar devices

Unmanned ariel vehicles (drones)

I'm not sure, tripods aren't listed in the camera policy section. I would probably call or email the park since it could fall into the "similar devices" listed monopods

PHOTOGRAPHY

Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:

Go Pro cameras

Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length

Interchangeable lenses of any kind

Any camera mounted to a vehicle, drone, cart, scooter or other moving object

No cameras (video, still, cell-phone, smart phones, etc.) are allowed on any rides at any time. No exceptions.

It should be ok since tablets aren't on the prohibited items list:

Lawn chairs and folding chairs

Magic markers, spray paint and aerosol cans

Glass bottles

Knives or chains

Spiked clothing or jewelry

Fireworks and explosives

Firearms and ammunition

Chemical weapons, including mace and pepper spray

Selfie sticks, monopods, and similar devices

Unmanned ariel vehicles (drones)

Thanks, now I hope I can get a good signal off my phone to tether with

And hopefully in the future they will put up a bar with TV's like the Cabana in Gadv and near the wavepoll at SFA

Edited by robertleax

I'm not sure, tripods aren't listed in the camera policy section. I would probably call or email the park since it could fall into the "similar devices" listed monopods

PHOTOGRAPHY

Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:

Go Pro cameras

Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length

Interchangeable lenses of any kind

Any camera mounted to a vehicle, drone, cart, scooter or other moving object

No cameras (video, still, cell-phone, smart phones, etc.) are allowed on any rides at any time. No exceptions.

Well it seems like I'd be able to bring my mirrorless in because they might not know the lens is detachable, but I'm curious why they have the rule that you can't bring in interchangeable lens/lens over three-and-one-half inches in length.

Would that mean I wouldn't be allowed to bring in a tripod?

Tripods are not allowed. Media Day is the only time I can bring a tripod and fancy lens, so I try to take advantage of that.

Well it seems like I'd be able to bring my mirrorless in because they might not know the lens is detachable, but I'm curious why they have the rule that you can't bring in interchangeable lens/lens over three-and-one-half inches in length.

My assumption is that either they don't want you zooming in really close to things and backstage areas, or just because it sort of becomes more useful as a weapon at that point.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Tripods are not allowed. Media Day is the only time I can bring a tripod and fancy lens, so I try to take advantage of that.

My assumption is that either they don't want you zooming in really close to things and backstage areas, or just because it sort of becomes more useful as a weapon at that point.

Ah