VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

From the Six Flags email, they are celebrating nitros 15th birthday with some special things. I may grab the shirt if it looks nice.

Here's the shirt: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205306415333584&set=gm.885348298240797&type=3&permPage=1

The blue one is also new, but only the red mentions the 15th birthday.

Stay tuned for another celebration next month :P

I've heard it's extremely packed right now. Cars are backed up onto 195 - Google Maps is even instructing people to take the previous exit.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sfgadvconnoisseurs/permalink/889591584483135/

Traffic from the previous exit to 16A:

m5O3gBJ.png

But, Maps is actually directing people to the previous exit:

Bv1mh3T.png

I guess it's because of bring a friend free being valid today and next Sunday and with it Father's Day next Sunday, most people probably wanted to use the free admission today.

I learned my lesson from being at a bring a friend free day at over Texas earlier this year. I only went cause it was the only day I could have gone to the park since they were only open on Saturday and Sunday when I was there.

Never, ever going again after that on bring a friend free day. I waited 2 hours for some rides. Just awful.

Lines that long are not worth it for bringing a friend free. Just pay the 16 bucks or whatever the discount is to bring a friend in instead on a normal day.

Edited by SatansHockey

The best time to visit the park is when there is at least a 20% chance of rain and when there isn't any important deals to season pass members. Today is a day that makes high crowds extremely vulnerable unlike yesterday where the 30 to 50% chance of rain that didn't happened made guests go today instead.

A similar situation happened to me a few summers back when I was trying to get into Dorney. There was a huge line to get into the parking lot and they had to get police to direct traffic at several intersections. After waiting about and hour and not even close to being there, we left and came back a few weeks later.

I live 10 minutes away, and don't come from 195 side, I come the other way, and it took me an hour to get to the park today. It was awful.

I should note this is the employee entrance, not even public with the parking wait. Heard from some people it took 3 hours to get in the park(I'm guessing driving in, parking, and security).

Wow, as much as I like going to Great Adventure, I wouldn't want to wait anywhere close to 3 hours just to enter, then have to deal with every ride probably having a full queue.

It sounds like it was even worse than a Fright Fest Saturday.

In 3 hours you could drive to Hersheypark! Several years ago on a Sunday, the line to drive into GADV was so bad, I drove all the way to Dorney instead. No park is worth 3 hours of waiting to just get in!

Does anyone know how bad the crowds might be on Monday the 20th? I was planning on going this Thursday but it looks like it's going to rain. If the forecast changes Wednesday night then I'll still go, but otherwise Monday looks sunny. I'm thinking that most school will be out by then, but at the same time it is a Monday and it's still June.

• Like 1