VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I was able to visit the park today, and there are a few things I wanted to note with my visit that I found interesting:

• THE JOKER, for some reason, was not listed on the attraction accessibility pass. We went to Guest Relations and they said that the ride’s slot does not print, so they hand wrote it in pen for us.  We returned to the ride and were able to get on with the pen slot done by Guest Relations. Just a heads up for anyone with an accessibility pass to check the ride slots inside the pass and make sure that everything is there. 
  • Along with this small trip-up with the pass, the ride operator manning the green side station was cross-boarding the trains for some reason. So guests staged in loading area 2 boarded the first train in the station, and guests staged in loading area 1 boarded train 2. Not sure why this was but just thought it was interesting. 
  • Kingda Ka’s hard plastic restraints have been replaced with new ones, and they aesthetically look great! Granted, they don’t compare in comfort with the soft restraints found on rides like Fahrenheit and Maverick but they do their job (My mask wouldn’t stay on during the ride and I banged my elbow on the restraint handle bar trying to fix it, ouch 😬)
  • I noticed some rides today like Joker and El Toro that were running a bit sluggish, but Bizarro was a strange exception. Barely trimmed on the midcourse and it was overall pretty smooth. 
  • The park has chained off every other row on El Toro starting at row 2 and continuing to the last row. This changed from my last visit on opening weekend where the grouper was tasked with socially distancing guests in rows with no indications of distancing for guests to follow, causing lots of confusion. 
  • A new catwalk railing has been installed on the exit of Runaway Mine Train to adjust for the grade of the catwalk coming back into the station. 
  • CoasterDynamix released a JERSEY DEVIL COASTER nanocoaster that they claimed was currently available at the park. This is unfortunately not true, as none of the gift shops in the park currently sell the nanocoaster. However, you can still purchase an El Toro, Nitro, or Kingda Ka nanocoaster at the Main Street Market.
Edited by XENITH
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like today might be the most crowded day of the season so far.

Green Lantern, Nitro and Wonder Woman all are showing a 2 hour and 10 minute wait, even the Big Wheel is showing a 70 minute wait.

• Like 1

It is rumored that 2021 passes/tickets will go on sale on Sept. 17th.  They are currently setting up the store on the website but haven't setup Great Adventure yet.

Some of the parks with stores setup:

https://sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/tickets-2021

https://sixflags.com/overgeorgia/store/tickets-2021

https://sixflags.com/overtexas/store/tickets-2021

Edit: Great Adventure is up now: https://sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/tickets-2021

Edited by Medusa42

So what do they plan to do for people like me who have a 2020 pass that they say is getting extended by however many days the park was closed (I don't believe they have said when exactly it would be getting extended to). Personally I wish I could just exchange my 2020 pass for 2021 because I have not gone to the park at all and I do not plan to go to the park at all until next year because I don't feel safe doing so

Edited by SFGadv123
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, SFGadv123 said:

So what do they plan to do for people like me who have a 2020 pass that they say is getting extended by however many days the park was closed (I don't believe they have said when exactly it would be getting extended to). Personally I wish I could just exchange my 2020 pass for 2021 because I have not gone to the park at all and I do not plan to go to the park at all until next year because I don't feel safe doing so

I contacted Six Flags and they actually were able to transfer my 2020 pass order to the 2021 season. So if anyone has a season pass that they haven't been able to use this year and don't plan on using, I recommend contacting them.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, The Master said:

Not just rain, but chilly temps too! They probably will close early tonight. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if they do for low crowds. I’m here now, WW is a walk on! Temp is actually really comfortable. Got a zen ride on Nitro, too 👍

• Like 1

That's great, being the only rider on Nitro must have been really cool. I think the fewest riders on any Nitro train I have been on is 6 or 7 riders (although I have gotten zen rides on other coasters in the park).

There have been times I had to wait for additional riders on KK before the ops would dispatch. One time they forced to get out of the front lihe queue as I was next and board the 3rd row to fill the train, second after I did several large groups walked up and filled the station, so I lost my front row ride for nothing. Ride ops can behave really weird in low crowds. 

Edited by The Master