VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2020 - What should GA do?

29yrswithaGApass

I think it should be a scaled down event. Have Dead Man’s Party with distancing, some scare zones without scare actors and maybe an outdoor trail or two if the scare actors can avoid getting close to guests but no indoor mazes. 

Maybe just go back to early 90's old school FF and just mainly have decorated midways? The biggest concern is the warning of the second wave for Covid19, which is why many businesses are cancelling fall and Halloween events as premptive measures. I would not be surprised if Christmas and other winter holiday events are cancelled too this year. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Master said:

Maybe just go back to early 90's old school FF and just mainly have decorated midways? The biggest concern is the warning of the second wave for Covid19, which is why many businesses are cancelling fall and Halloween events as premptive measures. I would not be surprised if Christmas and other winter holiday events are cancelled too this year. 

Canada's Wonderland's Winterfest was too successful last year from what I saw. Some parks might also just throw in the towel after Labor Day (or earlier)

6 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

The Christmas events at parks don't tend to be nearly as crowded as summer and Halloween events, and they're profitable apparently-- I'd think they'll be on. 

It may not even be up to the parks if the government mandates another lockdown by then. They are warning that COVID19 spreads faster in cold weather than in warm weather, which may lead to a second wave this fall. 

Cancel! Unless they want to do it that badly. Fright Fest is generally extremely crowded...like unbearably crowded (multiple hour queues for the coasters). It doesn't sound fun or reasonable, but I really am holding hope for HITP (especially next year when Jersey Devil joins the cast :)).

Edited by Gyrotron

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 12:10 PM, Gyrotron said:

Cancel! Unless they want to do it that badly. Fright Fest is generally extremely crowded...like unbearably crowded (multiple hour queues for the coasters). It doesn't sound fun or reasonable, but I really am holding hope for HITP (especially next year when Jersey Devil joins the cast :)).

I expect that there would still be a reservation system in place that limits the number of guests. It wouldn't be as crowded as usual. My thought is that the park will have to stay open as long as it can for financial reasons. They need to have guests in the park. To save money and for safety reasons it may have to be a scaled back fight fest. Possibly only decorations and no zombies, cutting back on payroll.

As per today's quarterly Six Flags report:

In the near-term, it is unclear if we will be able to open any of the remaining parks this year or whether we will close any of the open parks earlier than prior years. At this time, we are evaluating a modified version of our popular Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park events.

As far as Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park, what we're doing here, Tim, is we're looking at it and there's going to be really for me, three decision trees on this. Number one is safety, and we're continuing to talk to medical experts on what we're comfortable with from a safety of guests and team members as we execute.

The second is we want to make sure we’re cash flow positive in anything we do around that. And then third, I'm being very watchful of the brand reputation, especially around Fright Fest. And I want to make sure we don't disappoint guests.

We're in the middle of that. We're working through it. Over the next few weeks, we'll finalize that, but we are planning to have something out there that excites families and our guests to get out there and come to the parks during that time period.

And as long as we can keep running the parks cash flow positive, we're going to keep running the parks cash flow positive, which would include Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park.