VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure TV Advertising

We are very proud to announce the first of our "Media Library" series of Spotlights - ADVERTISING !

Visit the link below to view over thirty vintage Great Adventure television commercials since the 1970's. In addition, we have a large selection of print ads and radio advertisements available for your viewing pleasure.

If you have any additional commercials, we would love to hear from you.

We hope you enjoy the Advertising Media Gallery!

Click the image below:

TVCommTitle.png

Please make use of the comments and "Star Ratings" that accompany each video to share thoughts on your favorites.

Happy 1 Year Anniversary :Wave:

Great spotlight. Out of all the retro commercials, the only one remember was the Medusa commercial. Can't wait to see what you guys are rolling out for those "every ten days".

Luis L.

Once again, an incredible representation of the park's past. I was surprised, however, to not see the 1975 color print advertisement that appeared in McCall's magazine. If you do not have it, let me know and I will be happy to send you a copy of it.

• 2 months later...

The number of Great Adventure commercials now on TV has really died down compared to summer. In July and August commercials were on almost every hour on one channel or another. It has been quite some time since I have seen one. Mark Shapiro was kidding when he stated that they were investing heavily in peak season advertising.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Adventure TV Commercials Count: 46!

We want to assemble the most complete collection
of television commercials for everyone to enjoy.

If you have any ads that you can share with us please let us know.

Only have it on a video tape? We can convert it!

You can click HERE to send us an email!

Here is one of our "newest" ads - click below:

gallery_2_43_43395.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We learned something interesting while at dinner on Tuesday night.

Warner Brothers and Green Lantern have a special promotional contract with Pepsi. As you know Six Flags is a "Coke" company so anytime the park advertisements references Coca Cola, they have to refer to Green Lantern as the "new stand-up coaster" and not by the name Green Lantern.

The earliest commercial for the season referenced the ride as Green Lantern, but the latest one which advertises opening weekend and Coca Cola discounts calls the ride by a generic "stand-up coaster"!

This will continue for the rest of the season.

That is pretty interesting. I remember a while back that Green Lantern document that first said SF would infact be making a GL themed coaster, it also mentioned that they were partnering with Mountain Dew to promote GL. Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi Co.

Will they show the logo for Green Lantern like they did in the first commercial?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

To help us bring spring along a little quicker, enjoy this commercial from March 2002. I am sure you will spot many coasters that are no longer at Great Adventure (and some that were never there). Click below to see the commercial:

2002SpringBreak.png

that one gives me a headache! LOL

Regarding the WPIX commercial, I totally forgot that they use to offer discount prices after 4 pm - a blast from the past!

Edited by dougdrummer

While work continues backstage on updating our TV and Radio Advertisements, we are happy to share with you the first batch of vintage print ads found in newspapers and magazines through the years.  Click HERE to view them all including over 40 newly added ads.  Special thanks to our member Daved Thomson for his research with these advertisements.

Here are some samples:

1975 July 31 - Daily Journal

1975 July 27 - Journal News

1977 August 28 - Daily Record

1978 September 28 - Asbury Park Press

1980 September 21 - Asbury Park Press

1983 March 25 - Asbury Park Press

1994 October 5 - Asbury Park Press

• 6 months later...