VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Adventure Rivers

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if the park has anything planned for the Koala Kanyon spot sometime in the future...

Great Spotlight!

Thanks Ray!

The whole area left vacant by the removal of the Hydro Flume's (Riptide's) reservoir and the adjoining land including Koala Kanyon is prime real estate for a major ride. The old closed off walkway leading to the Koala kanyon site would make an ideal approach to the entrance area. If the park is in fact putting a major coaster in for 2009, I think this may be one of the spots to watch.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Great spotlight. I remember Adventure Rivers quite well, it was a real big deal when it first opened. Me and my family wore swimsuits down those sides all the time without any problem so I guess the no swimsuit rule was not enforced to well. But in the end HH is a huge improvement over AR while it was nice back in the day but it's lines were very slow moving compaired to HH. Also I remember how Koala Canyon used to have water cannons that would get very long lines of kids wanting to use them. Of course there were many that hogged them for hours and others that would cut into line by pushing, then there were some whould who cut in line by pushing the current user out of the way and cut to the front of line.

Edited by The Master

I recall a lot of people riding the slides in swimsuits. Adventure Rivers was promoted as a "dry slide" area which you could experience in your street clothes but showers and changing areas were part of the restroom facilities by Koala Kanyon.

On a side note............ POST #1000 for me. I'll shut up now.

Well the dry slides were not 100% dry, there was water running down them so you would still get a wet butt LOL. Some of the slide towers over in HH could really stand roofs like AR used to have to shade the life guards who are up there in the full sun.

Edited by The Master

GAdv could stand a new Splashdown while HH could stand a Tornado slide. It would have been neat if they had moved some of the old AR dry slides into HH along with the wet slides.

Edited by The Master

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I took a close-up of the Adventure Rivers model in the Great Adventure History Museum. Check out how the main entrance way was going to lead to the jumping fountain courtyard where three arches would allow guests to choose North America, Asia, or Africa Rivers (from left to right).

gallery_2_972_911603.jpg

• 3 weeks later...