VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

If I were planning the park's fiftieth....

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

An inexpensive way to honor the park’s past would be to remove the paintball building and reopen Dream Street once again. All they would have to do is install new decorative banner posts from the tents to the fountain.  

Amen to THAT. It would be *long* overdue.

If it were up to me I would first:

-Remove the paintball building, skycoaster , eruption, and go-cart track.

-Add a show to the Movie Town theater.

-Then add 5 new rides symbolizing Great Adv.'s 5 decades:Huss 2nd Gen Enterprise;Larson Tilt-A-Whirl and Flying Scooters;Fabbri Aladdin; and Chance Freestyle.

In 2025 I would add 5 more rides saluting "Here's to the next 5 decades!":Huss Airboat & 2nd Gen Condor; and Zamperla Nebulaz,Kanga-Bounce, and Disk-O Coaster.

Other ideas:

-I still think Great Adv. should replace the 4D theater with a newer version;if not,then tear the building down and use the space for more rides.

-It seams Great Adv.'s  outdoor arena has been SBNO more and more;If large events like concerts or pro wrestling/UFC are no longer an option,I think they should tear it down and build an indoor boat ride like SFOT's "Spelunker Cove":it can run year round and always be re-themed.

-I want the Big Wheel brought back to it's old self as much as possible with new LEDs.I would hate to see another original ride go, but if it's beyond repair they should get a new one.

-And bring back the museum!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 1:15 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

An inexpensive way to honor the park’s past would be to remove the paintball building and reopen Dream Street once again. All they would have to do is install new decorative banner posts from the tents to the fountain.  

I too would *love* this, with other small refurbs all along the street and costumed characters, stilt walkers, etc. – which seems in line with what the new management tea is trying to do. Unfortunately they'd probably be too worried about lost games revenue 🙄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pashacar said:

I too would *love* this, with other small refurbs all along the street and costumed characters, stilt walkers, etc. – which seems in line with what the new management tea is trying to do. Unfortunately they'd probably be too worried about lost games revenue 🙄

SeaWorld Orlando has scattered their games throughout the park which, from my point of view, could be more profitable. At GA, parents can completely avoid the games area…

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If I were to plan the 50th Anniversary season, I can definitely see the following:

- The return of the Great Adventure History Museum

- A 50th anniversary fireworks display every Friday

- A private 50th Anniversary dinner party with park employees past and present

- Street characters of the past returning for limited photo-ops, or a show at the Northern Star Arena, that is, if any past employees have the costumes in storage and were granted permission by corporate

- The legendary removal of the paintball building that obscures Dream Street

- Banners hanging around Dream Street displaying the original name of the Great Adventure park (Enchanted Forest)

- Touch-ups of the Patrina Williams ex-Steam Gallopers, including the restoration of the colorful floor and the LED rewiring and restoration of the horseshoe plaques.

• 5 weeks later...

I think a lot about what Kings Island did for their 50th anniversary and that GAdv should model their celebration after that. I'd love to see some throwback merch (t-shirts, pins, posters). I would love if they'd reprint some poster maps too!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would completely refurbish the Big wheel for the 50th anniversary complete with new paint and fiberglass work on the gondolas and new paint and led lighting on the wheel.

This ride was once the centerpiece of the park, now it’s nothing more than an eyesore.

It’s down to three drive motors out of four, the gondolas look horrible and one out of five are missing with peeling paint, etc, it doesn’t even light up anymore…WTH??

I would have Coca Cola sponsor the ride and let GA have a big 50 in the center of the wheel for 2024, then have coke put their logo in the center while they sponsor it…It’s a no brainer.

• 7 months later...
On 5/30/2023 at 9:31 PM, DanTheMan2000 said:

Street characters of the past returning for limited photo-ops, or a show at the Northern Star Arena, that is, if any past employees have the costumes in storage and were granted permission by corporate

Does that mean Marvin the Martian would be returning??

Or any DC character??