VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

Impressive! LMAO

I was still working as non-union then, was shot a long time ago. Now i'm in the Union SAG (Screen Actors Guild) But that also means i can't do any "B-Roll" or commercial shoot's anymore, unless i get paid the Union rate for it. But sometimes being in a trailer ain't all that. I still get busted on by my buddies when this was on "The Today Show" all morning for that night's episode of SVU. I still get called "victim" sometimes lol

gallery_208_401_15051.jpg

Edited by Railer

I was still working as non-union then, was shot a long time ago. Now i'm in the Union SAG (Screen Actors Guild) But that also means i can't do any "B-Roll" or commercial shoot's anymore, unless i get paid the Union rate for it. But sometimes being in a trailer ain't all that. I still get busted on by my buddies when this was on "The Today Show" all morning for that night's episode of SVU. I still get called "victim" sometimes lol

gallery_208_401_15051.jpg

Wait... Which person in this photo is you?

I'm right above "raped" in the front row lol. She was a crooked Parole Officer that raped one of her "parolees". Me and the other guy in the 1st row were other "crooked" Parole Officers supporting her. My main show that i was on more than anything, and started on was "Boardwalk Empire". I was in every season, except the 3rd, I worked a "real" job that year.

gallery_208_401_13783.jpggallery_208_401_43859.jpggallery_208_401_22142.jpggallery_208_401_22688.jpg

It was an exciting game to watch and I was nervous during the final out thinking that Odubel may not make the catch. If it was his final start for the Phillies, what a way to finish his time with the team. If only they had played this well the entire season, I never thought they would be 7 wins and 1 loss after the All Star break, going into the break 33 games under .500.

Stayed at Timberland Lake campground the entire weekend... Not bad of a campground, Our site was large, but they were too close together. Also it was a long walk to the camp store and pool... My son jogged over and I drove. The pool closes at 6pm. Employees were nice. It was $46 per day and 1st timers saved $20 if stayed 2 nights. So $36 per night was not that bad but I think $46 would be too much.

Took 45 minutes to get to Point Pleasant beach (traffic) on Saturday and about 35 minutes to Asbury park beach (accident) on Sunday. Took an 1 hr and 15 min to get from Asbury Park Beach to Hatboro PA (hardly any traffic).

Cost at Point Pleasant Beach for us $25 to park (close to beach) and $9 for beach tag per person. Beach dipped down so very hard to body surf.

Cost at Asbury Park Beach for us $6 to park ($1 per hour) close to beach and beach tags were free for me and my son (I am a disabled vet so my son and I get in for free). The beach did not drop near as much, was able to go out a lot further and perfect body surfing waves.

Will definitely go to Asbury Park again but probably not Point Pleasant.

.... And never made it to Gadv or HH the entire weekend. Thought about going Gadv Sat Night, HH Sun AA and then to either park on the way home from the beach at about 4:45 PM but never did. It was weird being so close and not going.

Next time we might stay at Allaire State park $16 per night but no pool or activities (which would have been fine for us) but it is a small campground and is always booked up.

If anyone else has any other campground ideas around I195 let me know. Tks.

I did that also but was hoping for people who might have stayed at any of them do I can get a perspective from them; but thanks.

I have also stayed at Big Timber Lake in Avalon several times when my kids were younger and my neighbor has a seasonal site there and we like it but its on the higher end of price range and I hate the traffic to and from Philly.

Robert, I was camping at timberland all lake last week! Butterfly campground I hear is nice ((Jackson? I believe) A close friend stayed there with rv and would stay there again. Surf and stream in toms river is a nasty rat hole, don't waste your money/ time. Tip tam I've never been to...would like to check it out too some time. Allaire is great for tent camping... Turkey swamp in freehold is nice too. Bass River is a bit further away down parkway, but it's a beautiful campground as well. I don't know if you're a tent or rv kinda guy... I might be able to better navigate you if I knew..

Robert, I was camping at timberland all lake last week! Butterfly campground I hear is nice ((Jackson? I believe) A close friend stayed there with rv and would stay there again. Surf and stream in toms river is a nasty rat hole, don't waste your money/ time. Tip tam I've never been to...would like to check it out too some time. Allaire is great for tent camping... Turkey swamp in freehold is nice too. Bass River is a bit further away down parkway, but it's a beautiful campground as well. I don't know if you're a tent or rv kinda guy... I might be able to better navigate you if I knew..

We use a 14x14 tent. We don't need electricity since I can power up things with the car. A pool is nice but last week we hardly used it at Timberland. We have been trying all the beaches close to I195 since there is hardly any traffic for us.

Yeah the pool at timberland lake was pretty gross by the weekend. Wednesday it was at least clear, but by the weekend and after that we wouldn't go in. So you weren't missing much haha ... I can yell ya turkey swamp does not have a pool. It's quiet though. But not much else going on. Allaire is nice and close , so if you're a tent guy, I would go there. Last time I tent camped it was only 14$ a night. Mind you this was some years ago (I have a large camper now) so I don't know how much it is now. But it's close to beaches, and all the other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the pool at timberland lake was pretty gross by the weekend. Wednesday it was at least clear, but by the weekend and after that we wouldn't go in. So you weren't missing much haha ... I can yell ya turkey swamp does not have a pool. It's quiet though. But not much else going on. Allaire is nice and close , so if you're a tent guy, I would go there. Last time I tent camped it was only 14$ a night. Mind you this was some years ago (I have a large camper now) so I don't know how much it is now. But it's close to beaches, and all the other stuff.

Must not be taking very good care of that pool. Hopefully they are using bleach and not the garbage triclor tabs everybody sells. Glad I have my pool and use the BBB method.

Edited by The Master

Hey fellow BBB... That is what I do for my inground pool too. We ended leaving the campground for the day and coming home to swim IN MY CLEAN POOL while I did laundry (I'm only about 25 mins away from the campground) lol.. But the pool at this campground, get this, had a vinyl liner. It was all bleached out and huge holes and tears in it from where the ladder feet rested against it and all around the sides and corners. I can't even imagine what a nightmare a commercial pool of that size would be with a liner must be to try to maintain. Perhaps why they threw the towl in?

Hey fellow BBB... That is what I do for my inground pool too. We ended leaving the campground for the day and coming home to swim IN MY CLEAN POOL while I did laundry (I'm only about 25 mins away from the campground) lol.. But the pool at this campground, get this, had a vinyl liner. It was all bleached out and huge holes and tears in it from where the ladder feet rested against it and all around the sides and corners. I can't even imagine what a nightmare a commercial pool of that size would be with a liner must be to try to maintain. Perhaps why they threw the towl in?

Wow, that is pretty bad, you would think they would go concrete as most hotel pools are concrete. That is what happens when corners are cut. My pool is an old concrete inground pool so no liners to worry about, just etching instead.

Just wrote my college essay about how coasters have influenced my life. It might sound a little "out there," but sometimes you need to be unique and my grades are solid enough to take a risk with the essay. It was one of the easiest essays I've written and it was actually fun to write, which is almost never true for me.