VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

I was always looking for a red car or truck that had Rolling Thunder written in the window to know you were at the park. That decal is cool.

My daughter drives the Red Dodge Dakota most of the time now.

Maybe if we go in race suits and helmets we can pretend to be pro's. All we need are some road blocks to close the course. We can take turns, I will start with the bumper car and you start with the teacup.

Hit 2:02 on my open 800m race last weekend... trying to get under 2:00 by or at states in early June. Come a long way and put a heck of a lot of work and pain into getting to this point. Now just to get over the hump.

It feels good to be proud of something you put your heart into (not sure if anybody knows track here haha).

Just to update, my relay placed 8th at states (top 8 medal), which is a huge improvement over not making it out of regionals last year.

As for myself, I ended the season with a best time of 2:01. While I'm disappointed I missed my goal, putting everything I have into one thing that I love was so much more rewarding for me than just a time, and I think we can all relate to that in one way or another. I was feeling pretty down about myself after being cut from my school's baseball team my sophomore year, and running cross country and track not only gave me something to do, but more importantly something to be proud of.

I get a little sad each time I pass my school's track and I'm definitely going to miss the everyday routine and mindset of it, but this sport gave me more than just a competition for a few years. I truly love the sport now and intend to keep running (at least as a hobby) beyond high school and college. It's a shame Purdue is division 1, but engineering will take up more than enough time.

Congratulations on a great personal accomplishment. You should be proud. Placing 8th with your relay team is another great accomplishment. There is a lot of competition out there and you medaled. Great job. That's the result of a lot of hard work and dedication.

• Like 1

My daughter Samantha Graduated from Upper Moreland High School on Wednesday June 8th. She started riding coasters since the age of 3 (Sesame Place...Vapor Trail). Going to miss riding with her since she will be Attending St John's University in NYC in the fall. But I might surprise her one weekend in the fall and pick her up from school and go to Six Flags New England since we have not been there yet.

I rode more coasters with her than anyone one else and she never said no to any of them. She was my "coaster buddy". :Transformer:

Wow. Nice job by her and by you to get into a St Johns.

I feel your pain. It's going to be hard to send her off.

Mine is a senior next year and my wife told me "The next pass might be the last one we get for her". That was a sad day although I don't know why we would stop getting a pass for her. She has to come home sometimes.

Thoughts out to the families and friends of the victims in this Orlando shooting. 50 dead and 53 injured, worst usa mass shooting in history. I can't even imagine. I don't know how you even prevent something like this. The guy had an AR 15, he probably just shot his way through security. How the hell can this even be prevented. So awful

Absolutely tragic event. The worst part about this is that he was interviewed by the FBI 3 times for possible ties to terrorism, yet he was still able to purchase firearms legally this past week.