VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

More snow tonight, and staying below normal though the rest of the week. So far March has just been an extension of winter. At thjs rate I would not expect good weather for GADV's opening. 

I heard from the Main TV teacher (there's the English teacher that does the morning news show-what I'm apart of, this one teachers every other TV class) that schools in NJ and NYC used to get off in February because a lot storms hit at a certain time. She said there is a rumor now to push Spring Break to this part of March (3/1-3/14 seemed to be the worst period now).

Found a fallen branch from the last storm put a hole in my roof, now I will have to replace the damaged shingles. So far this March has sucked big time. 

Edited by The Master

15 hours ago, The Master said:

Found a fallen branch from the last storm put a hole in my roof, now I will have to replace the damaged shingles. So far this March has sucked big time. 

I need a whole new roof plus new soffets, fascia and flashing.  At least the insurance company is paying for *some* of it.

The next storm is also going to be really bad and probably will bring down more branches. I had two huge ones just miss my house but a 1 inch dia branch pierced the end of my roof. I patched the hole today. 

So I decided to go to Coney Island (Luna Park) opening day this year for my first time ever at the park.  Because wristbands were $5 (or more, it was a donation) opposed to $70 it was absolutely packed.  I got on Cyclone, Thunderbolt and Soarin Eagles in 4 hours.  Got so close to my 100th coaster but didn’t have enough time as the park closed at 7.  Stuck at 99 coaster credits for now.

On 3/24/2018 at 9:05 PM, Mr.Six said:

So I decided to go to Coney Island (Luna Park) opening day this year for my first time ever at the park.  Because wristbands were $5 (or more, it was a donation) opposed to $70 it was absolutely packed.  I got on Cyclone, Thunderbolt and Soarin Eagles in 4 hours.  Got so close to my 100th coaster but didn’t have enough time as the park closed at 7.  Stuck at 99 coaster credits for now.

Also went to Coney, but mainly just rode Cyclone and started the season off with a last row ride.  Had some drinks at Ruby's, which I love.  We were one and done on Soaring Eagle as it's terrible and Tickler wasn't doing it for us.  Thunderbolt was down when we got there and the line was stacked down to the Carosel almost every time we went by, so it was mainly a Nathan's-Ruby's-Cyclone trip for us.  Three rides on Cyclone, a spin through the Spook-a-Rama and a turn on the swing cars.  Not a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just be sure to have a spare pair of reading glasses for the post nuclear apocalypse so you don't end up like that guy in the Twilight Zone. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5212142

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

but first you have to hide in the basement vault of a bank.

Oh, and your article doesn't say that North Korea will strike the US in July. It says that they might have that ability as early as July.  I think that means it will be the fall before North Korea sends a nuke. :-) 

Edited by scott
  • Like 1

Also don't tell your neighbors you have a bomb bunker in the basement, listen to the old man in the cave about canned food, and find yourself a foreign chick so you can be the next Adam and Eve. Might also want to think about stealing a rocketship and head to some other planet called Earth. 

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...