VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

Pretty crazy weather this week. Wed is going to be a bad snow storm that is supposed to switch to rain, with highs only in the low 30s. Very next day the temps will rocket into the high 50s. At least the snow won't be around long. 

Edited by The Master

I will admit to feeling a bit itchy to go coaster riding soon.  I think the relatively mild winter has that effect.  It will be nice when American Dream is open and there are four coasters in-state and available all year 'round.  Not that hopping a flight down to Florida or Texas is a bad idea either. 

Yeah, freezing temperatures  isn’t too bad as long as there isn’t much wind. I am ready for spring, especially baseball season and even more after a certain free agent signing yesterday.

Looks like a couple of days in the middle of next week will have below freezing highs. Plus the forecasters are saying the Sunday storm models are tracking more to the South, which increases the likelyhood it will be all snow. Spring won't be showing up anytime soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my Alternate Spring Break Trip volunteering at Give Kids the World. Checked Ride Op off my bucket list, lost my camcorder in Coca Beach (somehow it disappeared between the beach and the house, and I don't think I left it in the mom and pop burrito place)-got it used, but had my good SD card (insert expletives here); did Karaoke in Old Town ("Don't Stop Believin'", shopped in Disney Springs, helped run Clayton's surprise birthday and Once Upon a Village (as well as worked shifts in Cafe Clayton). Also went to Wekiwa and the Florida Mall. I'm probably going to create an album on the forums once everything gets Drived over (is that the correct phrasing?).

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing to me that DC is moving in the exact opposite direction of Marvel in movies.  Marvel, via the Disney buying Fox, has gotten all of their characters back into an extended, unified universe.  DC is shooting movies like these outside of the DCEU.  Well, I wish them the best of luck.  I haven't enjoyed a Batman movie since Burton directed them; even the Nolan movies I found interesting but lacking in the sheer manic fun of the Burton years. 

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is in the tornado watch area, stay safe. I was considering going to Hersheypark tonight for the season passholder night but not taking the chance with thunderstorms and the tornado watch. I'm surprised they are still going to open with that weather.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, The Master said:

Anybody watch the first episode of NOS4A2? Its a show on AMC about a Christmas vampire, maybe its Harry? 

I've had the book sitting on my Kindle for years.  I really should make an attempt at it.  I just finished Blood Meridian though and need something a bit lighter.