VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone builds K’NEX coasters and has Prime for free shipping, Amazon Warehouse Deals has a good deal for a small coaster set, $6.48. It should be new with damaged packaging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07BMSBD3F/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

52 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/beach-towns-that-will-soon-be-under-water/ss-AAEtnZ2?ocid=spartanntp                                 If the water reaches by the shores in between 2060 and 2100, the world will be doom. Is that true. What about the future? Please don't be true and I don't want to end. 

I don't expect to be alive when I'm 92 and surly not when 132. You will have it to tell me how it turns out.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/beach-towns-that-will-soon-be-under-water/ss-AAEtnZ2?ocid=spartanntp                                 If the water reaches by the shores in between 2060 and 2100, the world will be doom. Is that true. What about the future? Please don't be true and I don't want to end. 

1 hour ago, scott said:

I don't expect to be alive when I'm 92 and surly not when 132. You will have it to tell me how it turns out.

"Only the children of out children will know the price they have to pay".

I was looking at Hersheypark's app and their lazy river currently had a 90 minute wait and a 3 hour wait for the water coaster. They really messed up putting the water park in the middle of the amusement park without enough space for more attractions. A high capacity attraction like a lazy river should never have anywhere close to that kind of wait even on a crowded Saturday in the summer.

And the wavepool has a 75 minute wait!

13 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

I was looking at Hersheypark's app and their lazy river currently had a 90 minute wait and a 3 hour wait for the water coaster. They really messed up putting the water park in the middle of the amusement park without enough space for more attractions. A high capacity attraction like a lazy river should never have anywhere close to that kind of wait even on a crowded Saturday in the summer.

And the wavepool has a 75 minute wait!

Remove Tidal Force and the Wild Mouse are good ideas (Tidal Force because it will just be replaced by another water ride and Wild Mouse because its similar to Laff Trakk, give it to Kentucky Kingdom or something). I was also thinking at the time of riding Wildcat, if/when it gets RMC'd, that it should get a storm theme (Triple Hurricane [3 hurricanes hit the greater area in the year the ride opened], Super Storme [might be too similar to Storm Runner, but it would be a reference to Sandy], Perfect Storm [weak name for a roller coaster, but I was on Wikipedia looking at NJ Hurricanes and there was a Nor'easter in '91 or so dubbed the Perfect Storm, that was before my time], also IronCat and Turbulence [continue the idea of bringing back a  name, since it brought back one] are high on my list. A little off-topic, but I feel Hershey would be idiots at this point to do a separate water park after pouring so much into Boardwalk. 

• 2 weeks later...

With Hershey's river, they have highly inefficent loading. I was there on Thursday and saw that despite a huge line, the single loading lifegurad was letting lots of single tubes float by. Also does not help that nearly everyone there has a hard time putting their ass into a tube. Boardwalk is really too small and they should have built it as a seperate waterpark. 

Not sure which river is worse, Hershey's with long lines or HH with its lack of tubes forcing most to walk it. 

That Dorney alert is pretty upsetting. Seems like all the parks are becoming more crowded with each passing year. Dorney is no longer the low crowd park everyone says it is. Hasn't been low crowd for several years. 

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...