VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

• 2 weeks later...

I have been watching a pretty neat channel called Comet that shows various cult films, MST3K reruns, and reruns of other scifi shows. Its pretty much what SyFy used to be. Saw a couple of movies 29yrs may like. One is Night of the Comet which takes place at Christmas time. The other is Lady in White which starts at Halloween but moves through Christmas. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harry2004 said:

i never gotten comet, im from manville and comet is airing in phildelphia and not new york

Comet is available as an app for most streaming boxes (Roku, AppleTV, etc.).  I would think you would be able to pick it up with an antenna and amplifier.  I pick up channels 50 miles away from two markets with an amplified antenna in my attic.

• 2 weeks later...

since viacomcbs owned the tmnt characters and all of the tmnt cartoons

did they has a since of buying saban tmnt series and all of mirage studios (which is tmnt original owner)

i wonder shrek 5 will featured classicmedia characters, i mean if they parody fairy tale characters, why not parody dreamworks classic characters

imagine burgermeister from santa coming to town is the villain of shrek 5

i made this as a joke because dreamworks owned classicmedia

Edited by harry2004

5 hours ago, harry2004 said:

i wonder shrek 5 will featured classicmedia characters, i mean if they parody fairy tale characters, why not parody dreamworks classic characters

imagine burgermeister from santa coming to town is the villain of shrek 5

i made this as a joke because dreamworks owned classicmedia

Maybe he can encounter the bumble.  Bumbles bounce you know.

with covid 19 impacting the film industy and since wanda is from china, im scared about the future of legendary entertainment (the studio behind godzilla and jurassic world)

since skyscraper and godzilla 2 failed, im worried that legendary will ended up like carolco pictures unless wanda sells legendary to warnermedia and nbc universal like mgm was sold to sony and comcast back in 2005

Edited by harry2004

All of PA except Lebanon county will be in the green stage of reopening next Friday. All amusement parks and water parks are permitted to open in the state. Hopefully NJ won’t be too far behind.

is warnermedia going to put ruby spears on hbomax as well as the post 1991 ruby spears library which they dont own

i mean, if they added south park on it, why not the post 1991 ruby spears library

Edited by harry2004

• 3 weeks later...

PA parks cutting hours. Dorney is now closed Monday - Wednesday. Hershey now has the same 11 - 7 hours as Great Adventure, they were originally open 10 - 9.

When fewer people are coming you don't need to be open as many hours. Disney is doing the same with Magic Kingdom closing at 7:00 every night. When there's only 15-20,000 in park versus 50-60,000 it means people get to do more in a shorter day than they would in a longer one, plus it's a HUGE savings on labor. Everything is operating around 1/3 capacity but it takes just as many employees (sometimes more) to make that happen. 

7 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

When fewer people are coming you don't need to be open as many hours. Disney is doing the same with Magic Kingdom closing at 7:00 every night. When there's only 15-20,000 in park versus 50-60,000 it means people get to do more in a shorter day than they would in a longer one, plus it's a HUGE savings on labor. Everything is operating around 1/3 capacity but it takes just as many employees (sometimes more) to make that happen. 

Sadly many rides are running at reduced capacity which increases wait times despite fewer guests. I was at Moreys' yesterday and the lines for both Runaway Tram and "It"were much longer than normal due to limited seating from increased spacing by loading every other seat. Speaking of Moreys, they only are opening two of three piers, and only one of their two waterparks. Most of their coasters are closed with only Rollies and Runaway Tram operating. They have been strict COVID19 safety measures, making all guests use hand sanitizer before boarding rides.

With the PA parks, I noticed their operations have been declining for the last couple of years, especially Dorney. Last year Hershey became bad about not running many secondary rides. Almost like how GADV used to be. 

9 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Yeah it's understandable to see fewer hours. Even with a new coaster, the wait times at Hershey look like they are very low.

7 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

GA is going to 11-9pm starting July 27.  

That's good to hear. If I decide to visit the park this year (I'm still undecided about going to any parks), I would try to go later in the day.