VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Nothing makes me want to visit Screamscape more so than their abundance of ads.  :Z001_unsure:  I am sure there has to be a webpage in there somewhere.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Looks like that site has gotten worse.  I haven't seen that view in years.  I use a hosts file on my Windows box to block ads and an adblocker on iOS.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It is funny how you really don’t appreciate electricity until it goes out. 

Ours went out the other day because the underground wiring in our neighborhood is wearing out-- thanks to the power company we have a giant extension cord powering our house from our neighbor's electric box to ours to give us electricity until they can dig up the street and replace our wiring! 

4 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Ours went out the other day because the underground wiring in our neighborhood is wearing out-- thanks to the power company we have a giant extension cord powering our house from our neighbor's electric box to ours to give us electricity until they can dig up the street and replace our wiring! 

This made me think of Airplane!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like Halloween will be right during a cold spell which is a shame. If it was one day later it would be 10 degrees warmer. I hate it when its unusually cold for Halloween, normal high is 61. 

I wish they would postpone Halloween to next weekend as this weekend's weather is so crappy. 49 degrees this Sat vs the forecasted 68 degrees for the the next Sat. Dumb northeast climate.

There is a early freeze warning for tonight.   

Edited by The Master

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was surprised amusement parks to were allowed to stay open although Hershey had to close the indoor rides. Hershey and Sesame Place are probably going to be crowded the rest of the year with other entertainment options like bowling alleys, arcades and museums closed.