VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

That’s frustrating especially since the last part of the night is probably the best time to get a lot of rides in. I was at another park where I saw the one train run empty. I want to say it was either Thunderhawk or Steel Force at Dorney but can’t remember.

I have never been a fan of Morey’s operations and policies. Besides the no single rider rules on a bunch of rides (I know the Ferris wheel is a state law), I also didn’t like that before wristbands were scanned and the daytime special expired at 6, you could get in line at 5:45 for a ride, get to the loading platform a few minutes after 6 and then be told you couldn’t ride even though you were in line well before 6. 

That would stink to be in line and not be able to ride after a couple of minutes past the time, you would think they would have a 5 minute leeway or something. I have a SP there so I get all day bands. Funny enough in their water parks I never seen them chase or refuse rides to anyone at the end of their morning special after 12:30 which even has an announcement. Sometimes Dorney did that with Aqua Blast at closing time, telling people still in line to walk back down the stairs and they don't even have timed ride tickets. Overall I think there is going to be a lot of businesses cutting a lot more corners post COVID. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've been working at Cedar Point all summer so I've been kinda sort of listening in to the going's on here. I unfortunately got to leave the limits of Sandusky and go to Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, or the Columbus Zoo like I had planned but I still have some content coming to my new YouTube Channel, History & Leisure (and in the highlights on the History_Leisure Instagram). I plan to head up to the park opening weekend of Fright Fest (which will be my first Halloween Event) and have become a passholder for the first time (there's a chance it might have gotten screwed up with the system updates as I can't save it to the app). I could start a new thread or you can DM if you want to hear more about this past summer as what makes it on camera is barely the tip of the iceberg.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Another snowstorm is going to hit tomorrow with 1-3 inches of snow expected along with a flash hard freeze. Northeast Springs can still be really lousy.    

While it will warm up next week it will unfortunately make the remaining road salt the DOTs will coat the roads solid white with even more reactive. Thus causing even more rust damage than in cold weather. Plus no forecast for a good soaking rain in the near future to rinse the salt off the roads once it becomes warmer again. A very bleak long term forecast. Shame the DOTs don't rinse salt off the roads once the weather turns warmer.   

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...

Winter is coming back with another cold blast that is going to hit us this week with record breaking low temps. 3 nights of hard freezes with low temps in the 20s will damage many of the flowers and blooms already out. This Monday the high will only be 35 degrees and windy. They are even forecasting some snow this Wed. 

• 1 month later...

As cold and miserable as the weather is this weekend, its hard to believe that HH is supposed to open next weekend. We have had a lot of prolonged cold snaps this spring. They better heat the heck out of the water.

Edited by The Master

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What is going on everyone! Wow it has been a really long time since I have logged into this site. I was shocked to still even remember my password and username. I sure did miss these forums and I'm glad to see they are better then ever. Any ways I just started a youtube channel and plan on vlogging a lot of the local parks and hidden gems around me. So far I have a Great Adventure and Dorney Park vlog up. I know as time goes on my content will become better as it is a learning process but let me know what you guys think so far! I'll leave the link down below and if you enjoy the videos give a big thumbs up and don't forget to subscribe to the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5sk-rdaGcxCfq-d66krcZA

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, CoasterKrazy said:

What is going on everyone! Wow it has been a really long time since I have logged into this site. I was shocked to still even remember my password and username. I sure did miss these forums and I'm glad to see they are better then ever. Any ways I just started a youtube channel and plan on vlogging a lot of the local parks and hidden gems around me. So far I have a Great Adventure and Dorney Park vlog up. I know as time goes on my content will become better as it is a learning process but let me know what you guys think so far! I'll leave the link down below and if you enjoy the videos give a big thumbs up and don't forget to subscribe to the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5sk-rdaGcxCfq-d66krcZA

I really enjoyed your VLOG of your park visit.  I appreciate your rather objective approach to reporting, rather than simply promoting the park.  Like yourself, I found the attendance levels during your visit to be uncharacteristically low for a Saturday in August.  In fact, I perceive the very low attendance to be worrisome.  I think it's great that the new CEO of Six Flags wants to significantly improve the guest experience for visitors.  His problem is that he seems to have lost the strong customer base the park(s) previously enjoyed and claims to want to draw more families to the parks, yet there isn't much left in the parks for families.  I hope and pray things get turned around for Great Adventure, but this season really can be written off as a dismal failure.  Improved customer experience levels requires attracting both new and repeat customers to the park and you're only able to draw both groups based on the park's product...  It's rides, shows, and attractions, appealing to a broad demographic and psychographic group of people.