VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

On 1/6/2020 at 9:51 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ever made and it was a ton of fun to assemble.

IMG_0192 (1).jpg

Much harder than the police car model I received almost 50 years ago!

police.png

Impressive, most impressive, as Darth Vader would say. 

I got a couple little SW sets, the Clone Scout Walker and the Death Star Cannon besides a Lego boat. 

Are they trying to sell us on being bipolar? who wouldn't want a rollercoaster in the house, taking you into the office and around town? I shouldn't be making light of a serious condition. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but my attention was on the coaster all of the way and only heard bipolar once.

• 1 month later...

While the word is not official yet, it looks that my college will be closing at least temporarily for the Coronavirus. We just got back from spring break this week, so I think it's ridiculous that they're making us go right back home. They should have just made the decision last week. I'm not really scared of the virus per se, but I would prefer not having to get back on a plane or a train. 🙄

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday evening I was watching YouTube with my brother and my mom on the living room TV. The tour74 video came up in my recommendations, so we watched it. From there we watched the different ride videos that have been uploaded to YouTube by you guys. It allowed my mom to really reminisce about the times she went when whe was a teenager (like her favorite roller coaster was Shockwave). So even though they've been up for years, thank you still for uploading them because it allowed for an uplifting night in these days of uncertainty. 

• Like 2

Yesterday I drove out to Taco Bell to get a free taco. Pulled over in a nearby parking plaza to eat it and then do some errands. I take one bite when a man walks up to my car. He starts yelling at me, accusing me of following him, and threatens to press charges. Then he procceds to pull out a smart phone and walks around my car taking pictures or filming me. I pull out my old flip phone and start taking pictures of him. When the guy saw I was filming him, he stopped and walked off without a word. He walked down the sidewalk  past my sight, so I assume he didn't have a car. I called the cops, and told the responding officer what had happened and what the guy looked liked. The cop acted like he knew the guy and said he would give him a talking to. It was pretty scary ordeal. 

With the virus scare going on, a secondary problem are the creeps and lowlifes coming out of the woodwork. NJ has 700 cops who ard sick and off duty, and sadly this is a dinner bell to some,. So be careful out there, the virus isn't the only threat. 

• Confused 1

I was thinking when it comes to reopening things, would it make more sense to push for the ones that operate year round (Magic Mountain, Knott's, Texas Parks), or the ones that have more limited schedules (Great Adventure, Great America, Canada's Wonderland). These are confusing times.