VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

31 minutes ago, scott said:

At least if you do black Fridays these days you don't have to wait outside. I've spent a lot of cold nights waiting for the doors to open at Best Buy or Walmart, or Target

Wow i did that back in the day myself! I remember freezing my bits off at like 4 am in line for walmart &target . Ugh. Havent done that in a LONG time though, thank god. Cyber Monday is my jam and i dont even leave the house on black friday anymore. 

• Like 1

So I was driving on 295 in South NJ today, and they were freshly treating the roads with salt, on a 50 degree day with sunshine, no storms in the near forecast, and overnight temps in the 40s, WTH? Guess NJDOT thinks cars aren't rusting out fast enough. Now I will have to take my car to the carwash tomorrow to get that nasty NJ salt off of it. At least PennDOT does seem to be as trigger happy with road salt like NJ is. Took 130 back and despite being slower, it was unsalted. Road salt is a necessary evil that must be used sparingly, not dumped all over like crazy on a whim as it quickly degrades everything.  

Edited by The Master

On 11/19/2018 at 11:50 PM, The Master said:

So I was driving on 295 in South NJ today, and they were freshly treating the roads with salt, on a 50 degree day with sunshine, no storms in the near forecast, and overnight temps in the 40s, WTH? Guess NJDOT thinks cars aren't rusting out fast enough. Now I will have to take my car to the carwash tomorrow to get that nasty NJ salt off of it. At least PennDOT does seem to be as trigger happy with road salt like NJ is. Took 130 back and despite being slower, it was unsalted. Road salt is a necessary evil that must be used sparingly, not dumped all over like crazy on a whim as it quickly degrades everything.  

Road salt should only be used before it snows. NJDOT also recently repaved 295 from Route 42 in Bellmawr to Route 38 in Mt Laurel with smooth asphalt and the salt can wear out the pavement faster.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:50 PM, The Master said:

I also noticed that on 295 coming up from Glassboro for the Thanksgiving weekend (i live in Pennsylvania but go to College in South Jersey)

Cedar Point's Cyber Monday sale is really good. $75 for admission and Fast Lane Plus (not valid on Saturday's). If I was 100% sure I was going there next year I would definitely get it since not having Fast Lane when I was there in 2015 prevented me from riding most of the coasters more than once.

I got a survey from Cedar Fair today about Dorney Park season passes. You had to select the top 5 reasons you bought a 2019 season pass from a list. One of the choices was 2019 additions to Dorney Park.  😕

2 hours ago, Maddox121 said:

i love how the early posts have lots more vulgar language than nowadays, i think it has been changed due to kids discovering the site.

Ehh.  If I don't know the general age of the forum, I'll censor myself.  If I know it's largely adults present, I won't.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If Great Adventure is my home park now, but I live closer to the future site of Nickolodeon Universe, will that become my home park when it opens up? I mean it seems obvious but I'm still not sure how big or how many rides NU will have.

I would go with whatever park you visit the most as your home park. I used to live 30 minutes from Sesame Place, 45 minutes from Dorney and 55 minutes from Great Adventure but never considered Sesame Place my home park because I haven't visited the park since 2000.

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I guess we might getting WB themed rides and shows like Fantastic Beasts, DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes.

First we're getting Super Nintendo World, then we're getting Dreamworks Animation themed land, and now we're getting DC Comics, Fantastic Beasts, Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes themed lands?

No, Six Flags has the exclusive long term theme park rights to DC Comics and Looney Tunes characters throughout the U.S. (except for the Las Vegas metropolitan area).

It’s mentioned several times in the annual report.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 11:18 AM, Medusa42 said:

No, Six Flags has the exclusive long term theme park rights to DC Comics and Looney Tunes characters throughout the U.S. (except for the Las Vegas metropolitan area).

It’s mentioned several times in the annual report.

Exactly.

Universal still has use of the X-Men, Hulk, Spidey and Fantastic Four East of the Mississippi though.

• 2 weeks later...