VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What would you add in 2009?

You're the boss.......  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Given the following options, which ONE of the following would you like to see most for Great Adventure in 2009?

• A Children's Area (like Thomas The Tank)
    • Three Traditional Flat Rides (like a Scrambler, Swings, Bumper Cars)
    • One Major Flat Ride (like a Giant Frisbee)
    • One Water Ride (like a Flume, Shoot the Chutes)
    • One Dark Ride (like a Sally Corp Ride)
    • One Roller Coaster (any kind)
    • Reopened Old Country with one new Flat Ride
    • General Park Upgrades (paint, maintenance, etc)
    • Park-wide Shows Package for all Venues
    • Other

If you were given the options above and had to pick next year's new attraction(s) which would it be?

Only select "Other" for something different that isn't listed. Do not select it and suggest "Two Major Flat Rides" or "Five Traditional Flat Rides". You have a budget and these are your options!

Flats Flats!!! Flats, all the way!!!! (ouch. walked in to a wall there!)

Edited by J4Sing

I am all about the flats but I have to say that shows would really make my WHOLE family happy. For year one of the rebirth I would say shows. Year two Flats in old country with General maintenance a key (Painting , general upkeep). Salvage what you have now (houdini/Cost effective) Bring FUN back into the park. More FUN equals more FLAGS !!!! This Year = 3 Flags Next Year =? Flags

I just want my kids to have some of the great memories of the place that I did.

I voted for flats, but I don't want a Scrambler and more "old" flats. There are alot of newer flat rides that are not "major flats" out there. Just look at some of the stuff Morey's Pier's has, that's what I want.

There was a science to the placement of the flats. A lot of people went on them, they were fun, and they made the lines for the big coasters more tolerable.

There are allot of good choices here! Many of them would be great for next year. I would hope to see a regular frisbee sometime in the future, maybe not next year. I like them allot better than the giant frisbee. They spin much faster and they feel more forceful. The giant frisbee was closed when I went to Kings Island and it was closed one of the two times (both days) when I went to Cedar Point.

I think a swing ride would appeal to kids whose parents may never take them into Looney Tunes Seaport (because they're really too old) and to teens and thrill riders too. I ride the waveswingers and yo yo swings almost any time I go to a park and I always rode the Flying Wave as a kid. I think kids today would love to have a swing ride.

A scrambler is at almost every park I go to and I always try to ride the good ones. The tea cups at the park have been somewhat of a stand in for a scrambler, but I can tolerate a scrambler much more.

I hope the Fantasy Fling isn't in it's last year. If it is, I would love to see another traditional ride return that offers some of those strong forces. A new round up would be really cool. A monster spin or the Zamperla Sombrero would be allot of fun for kids, teens and other thrill seekers too.

The park has those two kiddie swings and two tea cups rides and the round up may not be going anywhere yet. It would be great to see some new flat rides added in the future, even if Six Flags added one a year. If they choose something bigger next year, either of these flat rides would make a great accompaniment. My preferences for a bigger ride would be a splash battle ride or a new shoot-the chutes or a dark river or any dark ride that is not a shoot-em up ride.

I hope Houdini reopens with the bumper cars and Musik Express is a favorite of mine. I hope it reopens too.

The Big Wheel and carousel look pretty bad and Rolling Thunder always could use some brakes and retracking. I'd prefer to see rides in the center of the park get much needed care.

I really don't think Six Flags could go wrong next year, unless they add a kite flyer or a balloon flight or some other kind of kiddie ride in the center of the park. It would also be to soon to see another new coaster, as the park just added one...this year. Anything that resembles the type of rides the park added in the 1970's or most of the 1980's would be great: a big ride that appeals to children, tweens, teens, thrill seekers, most adults and some seniors!

The park needs some big flats that will attract a lot of teens and young adults. They have plenty of children rides and big rides but lack in between. Especially with Houdini down this year doesn't help at all.

I voted for flats, but I don't want a Scrambler and more "old" flats. There are alot of newer flat rides that are not "major flats" out there. Just look at some of the stuff Morey's Pier's has, that's what I want.

Like this? It's a really long ride - skip to to about 1:35 to watch all the action. This ride would take care of having to replace the Rotor, Round Up, and Enterprise! :puke:

Like this? It's a really long ride - skip to to about 1:35 to watch all the action. This ride would take care of having to replace the Rotor, Round Up, and Enterprise! :puke:

Oh yeah......i'd be riding with bells on!!! Woo-hoo!

Oh yeah......i'd be riding with bells on!!! Woo-hoo!

That would be as awesome as a Frisbee or a Dive Machine, but it would be a nightmare when it comes to waiting. :lol:

Speaking of which, what kind of ride is that (manufacturer & such)?

Guest warnerleroy

I say, use the festival stage as a station for a pirate themed monorail like at Moreys piers, build a small movie themed theme park across the lake(nothing disney scale, just small rides like a HUSS King Kong, a Willy Wonka dark ride, Bugs Bunny dark ride like at SFOT, a backlot tram tour featuring special effect demonstrations and props, a gallery showcasing Warner's greatest hits, maybe even a small satelite studio for Warner(like Disney-MGM, but on a smaller scale), a pirate themed dark ride like DEn of Lost Theives for lakefront, a splah battle themed to a crazy midway game on the Boardwalk, and as previously mentioned int he Teepee forum, the medicine man themed dark ride/ scrambler with a new teepee. Minus the studio them park:

Splash battle:$5million

Monorail:>$2million

Newteepee:$700,000

Scrambler:$20,000

Themed effects for scrambler(fog machine, 2 animatronic medicine men, strobelights, music):$50,000+

$7,770,000(lucky number seven!) Dark knight cost 7.5 million.I didn't include the pirate dark ride, it seems a little too ambitious for all of it!

Edited by warnerleroy