VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Pilgrim's Plunge- Coming to Holiday World in 2009

GAcoaster

I would love a lift like that would be pretty cool to go through. I'm sure the splash down would be great for a good soaking and all, but I have a feeling lines for this are going to be lengthy based on how long each lift seems ike it will probably take and the lack of more than 10 persons to a boat.

Guest warnerleroy

Want to bing up attendance at your theme park

-Don't launch a multi-year expansion!

-Don't improve guests services(they should already be improved)

-Don't be bought out by Disney(I'm not sure of that one)

Break a world record!!!!!!!

It sure worked for Great Adventure, in 2005, attendence was up 19.5% from the previous year.

-Don't launch a multi-year expansion!

-Don't improve guests services(they should already be improved)

-Don't be bought out by Disney(I'm not sure of that one)

Break a world record!!!!!!!

It sure worked for Great Adventure, in 2005, attendence was up 19.5% from the previous year.

Okay, back to Pilgrim's Plunge...

Fast forward to 2006 when attendance fell to its lowest level in 18 years when most people who came to the park couldn't ride the record breaking ride for a second year in a row because it was always closed.

Pilgrim's Plunge looks like a good ride for Holiday World. I imagine the lift will be the scariest part for me. It will be a great addition between running back and fourth from the world's greatest woodie and an enjoyable shoot'em up Sally dark ride.

Edited by darkridedan

Guest warnerleroy

I wonder if water ride like this would be a good addition to the park on the counts of that 1. We need more water rides and 2. We have KIngda KA, this might be over doing the whole world record thing and 3. The lift looks scary as hell!

I wonder if water ride like this would be a good addition to the park on the counts of that 1. We need more water rides and 2. We have KIngda KA, this might be over doing the whole world record thing and 3. The lift looks scary as hell!

1. If you want water, we have the flume and the rapids; if you want more, we have Hurricane Harbor.

2. From the day the park opened, they've been proud of record-breaking rides and attractions... even if the record was held for only a short time.

3. If you're scared of the lift, perhaps you should stick to kiddie parks... ;)

I hope it has some other "locking" device when the boat is going up, other than killing the power to the tires. Scary stuff moving cars or boat's in that manner. I'd be worried going up on the coaster at Hard Rock Park with the Ferris Wheel lift also. :huh: