VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2024 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

This is the place to discuss 2024 news, rumors, and predictions for all Six Flags parks that are not Six Flags Great Adventure.

Rules:

1) To avoid redundant posting across topics, do not post about Great Adventure.

Parks:

Six Flags Over Texas:El Rio Lento (You’re about to ride the world’s first ever log flume ride—which also happens to be one of the world’s longest log flume ride. )

La Ronde:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:

Six Flags St. Louis: Zamperla Giga Discovery (THE JOKER™: Carnival of Chaos)

Six Flags Darien Lake: 

Six Flags Magic Mountain:

Six Flags Mexico:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Expanded DC Universe area with 3 new rides (CYBORG Cyber Revolution, SHAZAM! Tower of Eternity, METROPOLIS Transit Authority)

Frontier City:

Six Flags Great America: Zamperla Giga Discovery (Sky Striker)

Six Flags Over Georgia: Intamin Ultra Surf coaster

Six Flags America: Newly-themed Steam Town with new Zamperla Nebulaz called SteamWhirler (Six Flags America in celebration of its 25th Anniversary year, will get a newly-themed Steam Town – where the past meets the future.)

Six Flags New England:

Great Escape: The Bobcat coaster from Gravity Group (Run like a bobcat along this wooden family coaster’s track, the first-of-its-kind in Six Flags history.)

Water Parks:

White Water Atlanta:

Hurricane Harbor Concord:

Hurricane Harbor LA:

Hurricane Harbor Phoenix:

Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec:

Hurricane Harbor Arlington:

Hurricane Harbor Splashtown:

Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City:

Hurricane Harbor Rockford:

Hurricane Harbor Chicago:

Edited by Medusa42

• 5 months later...

SFOG has FINALLY started demolition of the old concrete basin for their Splashwater Falls ride (which has been gone for years), so chances are that will be the site for the new ride for 2024. I know there was speculation it could be an S&S Free Spin since it would fit easily in that spot... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

SFOG has FINALLY started demolition of the old concrete basin for their Splashwater Falls ride (which has been gone for years), so chances are that will be the site for the new ride for 2024. I know there was speculation it could be an S&S Free Spin since it would fit easily in that spot... 

The rumor is a launched RMC Raptor themed to The Flash.

• 2 weeks later...

9ofwgvw9gkbb1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

It looks like two years are being crossed off each time this clue is updated.

My best guess for what Fiesta Texas is adding in 2024:

1996 (Wagon Wheel) + 2002 (Tempest) = 2024 (Zamperla Endeavor & Funtime Vomatron)

or

1996 (Wagon Wheel) + 2006 (Hill Country Racer) = 2024 (Zamperla Endeavor & Mat Racer waterslide)

13 hours ago, I Have No Name said:

I predict that for my homepark (Six Flags America) Mind Eraser will be taken down. It's listed as SBNO for this season.

Yeah, the rumor is it won't ever reopen.  I think they should expand the waterpark into Coyote Creek.  There is already a path through the woods that could be used.

73f1Mbi.png

It looks like 2024 is going to be a kid's area expansion with some of the rides from Whistlestop Park relocated to the front of the park.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsM0mu6pTht/

I am guessing the the new water coaster in Hurricane Harbor will also end up being new for 2024.

Edited by Medusa42

7 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

Yeah, the rumor is it won't ever reopen.  I think they should expand the waterpark into Coyote Creek.  There is already a path through the woods that could be used.

73f1Mbi.png

It looks like 2024 is going to be a kid's area expansion with some of the rides from Whistlestop Park relocated to the front of the park.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsM0mu6pTht/

I am guessing the the new water coaster in Hurricane Harbor will also end up being new for 2024.

Expanding the waterpark based on how you're outlining it. I can dig that .... not sure what they would put there.

Perhaps those Whistlestop Park rides move to where Zoomazon Falls was. 

And I wonder if Shipwreck Falls will be removed. It seems to be down quite a bit plus you know; no operations in colder weather season(s).

• 3 weeks later...

Shame to see sfa close down those two sections but I can understand from a business perspective. Their slc has a reputation for being one of the roughest of its kind. I can see them condensing the kids area into one big section and maybe hopefully they can give their slc new trains with the softer vests? I think six flags over added in the early 2000's which is why the park is the way it is now. They went with quantity over quality.

Interesting that they built the one Mach version in Texas, but now went with Intamin for Georgia. I assume they weren't happy with the Mach version or the Intamin cost less... 

And, apparently the first supports for their Kid Flash coaster finally went up this week. Maybe it will be ready for Holiday in the Park? 

It's interesting the "splash" is not part of the ride, so the coaster stays (mostly) dry rather than running through the water like the Mach version does. That probably makes it easier to maintain and prolongs the life of the ride. The splash is a fountain (like SeaWorld's Manta coaster).

https://www.intamin.com/product/ultra-surf/

here is my guess, the axis arcade gets demolished for this ride, joker inc gets moved so they add that ride here, maybe move the ride next to boomerang in where tidal wave used to be (maybe rename it buccanneer?)

Edited by harry2004