VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Camera Policy Change?

29yrswithaGApass

22 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

For years Great Adventure prohibited cameras on all rides except the Carousel, Skyride, and Big Wheel.  

It looks like cameras are no longer allowed on those rides too now.  

That really stinks if true. Some great photos get shared from the Skyride and Big Wheel. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 10:48 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

For years Great Adventure prohibited cameras on all rides except the Carousel, Skyride, and Big Wheel.  

It looks like cameras are no longer allowed on those rides too now.  

According to the park’s website:

1AA7E906-1646-4B88-B910-0C20208D0326.jpeg

I just looked at the site on the Wayback machine and it seems that wording has been in use for the past couple years.  Could be a mistake, but I guess we’ll see

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, GAcoaster said:

It's funny with so many Go-Pros now, more parks seem to be allowing them if they are properly secured. I guess the issue of people being injured by cell phones flying out of people's hands has them taking more precautions. 

Cell and smart phones really have been a bane to amusement parks, among other negativities. . 

4 hours ago, The Master said:

Cell and smart phones really have been a bane to amusement parks, among other negativities. . 

It's interesting, these items are indeed a bane to the parks, yet they're increasingly being pushed for essential parts of the experience ("Use your phone to view the park map!" "Download the app!" "Next time try mobile ordering to get your food!" Not to mention things like the Disney Genie system, electronic entry passes, etc...)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Great Adventurer said:

It's interesting, these items are indeed a bane to the parks, yet they're increasingly being pushed for essential parts of the experience ("Use your phone to view the park map!" "Download the app!" "Next time try mobile ordering to get your food!" Not to mention things like the Disney Genie system, electronic entry passes, etc...)

On the flipside, they're a convenient way to get snaps of the park without bringing a full-on camera. But I totally agree that the electronic transition has made it a burden, I feel like I have to watch my phone battery or conserve it if I need to utilize my phone for reservations/food/map etc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

On the flipside, they're a convenient way to get snaps of the park without bringing a full-on camera. But I totally agree that the electronic transition has made it a burden, I feel like I have to watch my phone battery or conserve it if I need to utilize my phone for reservations/food/map etc.

The situation has certainly become a paradox with phones. They are a physical hazard on most rides, yet many parks are turning phones into a unnecessary necessity.   

• Like 1