VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Last Day Trip

gafreak

I recently moved back to Sayreville NJ, and I am trying to get to GA before the end of season. I'm actually looking to go Nov.2nd. Are all the rides usually open the last day? Do the buy one get one free coupons still work this late in the season? I'm a little tight on cash so any money saving tips will be helpful!

Edited by GAcoaster
Spelling

Generally all the rides are open right up until the last day with the exception of Big Wheel and the water rides.

The best bet for tickets is to check the website...the best deals and detail are always there. They may not be doing BOGO for the last weekend or two since those are the MOST crowded days of the year, but then again, the last 2 days of the season are after Halloween, so they may not be crowded at all.

Years ago when I used to go on GAdv's last day one of the park sections would usually lose power for some reason. Last time I tried going on the last day for GAdv about 3 years ago there was a huge line of cars backed up beyond the overpass which made it hard for me to merge in since I come in from the Northbound side entrance (the main entrance is Southbound). Seeing how bad just driving into the park was I just pulled into the gas station and went home rather than be there when it was that super crowded.

They used to try and open everything, but at a time when college-age kids are away at school and highschool kids are playing sports or involved in other activities, it is hard to staff everything. Maintance staff and extras from admissions, merchandise, park services and security would work some of the rides. I haven't seen that in a while, but the park has allot less rides. I would bet on only one side of Rolling Thunder and Parachutes and the Sky Ride being closed.

^^ I was at the park on the last day of 2006 and they had a late morning power failure that day. I had hoped to videotape the rides in Looney Tunes Seaport that were going to be a part of the new Wiggles World but that wasn't possible because everything was down.

Boy, the park has really benefited from Fright Fest. Back in the 1980s the park use to have a "Two-for" offer to encourage people to come to the park. They had discounts on park admission, but "Two-for" allowed you to stay on a ride for two cycles without having to exit the cars. So on coasters, you got to around twice and on flats you were able to stay on for two cycles.

Imagine the length of the lines if they tried that now! :o

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping to be there as well. I hope crowds are on the lighter side. I can't believe closing day is less than 2 weeks ago and then we have around 5 months of no coaster riding :( I really hope we are the next park to get Holiday In the Park to make the offseason even shorter.

• 2 weeks later...

I know alot of us will be going on Sun. To take it all in for one last time this year. I am going to try to be the last Guest in the Park, by hanging around as long as they let me stay. And I have to get another On-Ride Photo from Medusa before the Theme is gone forever. Maybe some of us can all get on a Train together for a group shot. Let me know if anyone else feels the same. I think it would be neat for the site to have some shot's of the Members together on the last day of a ride.

My last day at the park will be on Saturday. I will be traveling next week flying out this Sunday. Great timing right - :huh:. If you do get together take a picture or two of our friendly GAH gang! :D

Well that really isn't much fun in terms of missing out on that last operating day. Enjoy your trip though wherever you are off to. Something tells me that when you return there will be large numbers of trip reports and pictures from that weekend to check out :P

My last day at the park will be on Saturday. I will be traveling next week flying out this Sunday. Great timing right - :huh: . If you do get together take a picture or two of our friendly GAH gang! :D

I can't believe you are going to miss the last day of the Season. You should be ashamed of yourself. Your trip better to be another Park somewhere, that can be your only excuse. I hope you have a good trip wherever it is you are going. And I'll take a alot of shot's so you don't miss anything in your absence of the last day.

Edited by Railer