VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Antique Cars

GAcoaster

Somehow I feel as though i have seen one of those pictures on a regular basis for the past year or so :P.

Very nice spotlight though, and I have to imagine a ride that quiet through the woods must have been a very pleasant time. Too bad the park never decided to bring it back, because that is the type of ride that really could have found ridership even until today. The cars are always a fun time, and it would have given that extra option back by the flume that does not exist with the paddle boats being long gone. I also like the look of these cars as opposed to the racers the spotlight spoke of as it has a look of old time luxury :)

I'm afraid they would have been removed one way or the other by now. It was basically the same ride as somethign like the Big Red Cars where riders have no control, they just sit there and ride along. The cars that have the ability to steer and accelerate controlled by the driver are MUCH more popular in the them park world.

I'm afraid they would have been removed one way or the other by now. It was basically the same ride as somethign like the Big Red Cars where riders have no control, they just sit there and ride along. The cars that have the ability to steer and accelerate controlled by the driver are MUCH more popular in the them park world.

I do see the logic in this assessment and agree with you that people would be looking for something they could control the speed and direction(partly) of in today's cars. Still though it does seem like 1 year was just way too little for the ride to get in the park. Unfortunately it was in the wrong place at the wrong time I suppose in terms of where the front gates were maneuvered. What I really do get a kick out of today is that even back then the park was ahead of the curve in rides going electric instead of gas. Today a move like that by a park would be a big deal.

The insurance companies HATE the gas powered/speed controlled versions of the ride because of all the slamming that occurs especially in the loading area. Autopia at Dinseyland and Tomorrowland Speedway at Walt Disney World have the highest number of recorded injuries out of all their rides.

I wish they would have kept the ride or added a newer type of car ride. The park is really lacking in tranquil rides and this is the perfect ride the whole family can enjoy.

Great Spotlight!!! I've been waiting for this one. Just, can we be expecting a Houdini or Garden of Marvels spotlight anytime soon? Here's a solution that will make all of us happy. We can get back all the old Garden of Marvels buidings and a new antique car ride, we can have a drive thorugh Garden of Marvels. With a McDonalds at the end :P

Great Spotlight Again!!! You guy's never cease to amaze. From what I have been told I was on the Cars a few times when I was little, but I don't remember it. A half mile course is pretty big, and going thru the woods must of made for a great Family Ride. The spot under the Flume would have been just as, or if not better than the original spot, with the Lake all around you. It's ashame nothing like this is in our Park these days (Big Red Cars are too small to count) A Car Ride and a Train Ride would fit in Great with the Family Ent. Shapiro and company want's for Six Flag's nowaday's, and I don't think they are too costly to install either.

Nice spotlight, sadly the Antique Cars were before my time. Playland pier has electric cars but the gas car ride like Hershey, Dorney, and WDW have are better. For a ride like this to be truly clean the cars need to be solar powered.

Edited by The Master

. It's ashame nothing like this is in our Park these days (Big Red Cars are too small to count) A Car Ride and a Train Ride would fit in Great with the Family Ent. Shapiro and company want's for Six Flag's nowaday's, and I don't think they are too costly to install either.

I agree, that's why I don't understand why at SFMM they removed the antique cars for a kiddie land (Thomas Town). They get rid of a family ride and add stuff only for little kids. Not exactly my idea of catering to families (more like catering to little kids)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the colorful object is that can barely be seen on the right side in the background of this picture? I would think it would of been in the Happy Feeling petting zoo area or near the Grand Prix cars even further back. By the way, this isn't a trivia question but a real question :).

1975June-Antique-Car.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...