VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dorney Park To Remove Laser Coaster

GAcoaster

• 2 months later...

I visited Dorney Park on Saturday October 11th and every ride we rode the operators kept telling us that if we wanted to ride Laser to do it now because it is going to be removed after the close of the Haloween Haunt.

The ride started in 1979 in Argentina and moved to Dorney in 1986. It was designed to be portable but remained in the same spot for 22 years.

I rode it a few times a few years ago and was never really impressed.

No word yet on what will go in it's place.

I visited Dorney Park on Saturday October 11th and every ride we rode the operators kept telling us that if we wanted to ride Laser to do it now because it is going to be removed after the close of the Haloween Haunt.

The ride started in 1979 in Argentina and moved to Dorney in 1986. It was designed to be portable but remained in the same spot for 22 years.

I rode it a few times a few years ago and was never really impressed.

No word yet on what will go in it's place.

When I was at Dorney on Sunday Oct 12th, Laser did not run all day. So depending what day you go you may not get a last ride on Laser.

Edited by The Master

Yeah it's operating schedule has been kind of random for the past month. Someone on DorneyOnline said it is being operated on a day to day basis. I went on Sunday the 5th and it was closed the entire time I was there. I plan to go 1 or 2 more times and it's very fusturating knowing I might have had my final Laser ride in August.

As much as I am going to miss the ride, it really doesn't work well in Dorney. It takes about 5 minutes for each cycle and with 1 train running, it makes the line move slow where a 3 train wait can be 15+ minutes. 1 person checking restraints and added seatbelts make it worse.

I've only seen it running with one train.

As for the schedule that it is running, on Saturday the 11th it only ran from around noon until 5 or 6pm. Then it reopened around 9 and then closed again at 11pm.

I wonder what could fit into that small area where Laser is.

Just like how the skyscraper was lot was vacant at Dorney up until Voodoo was built. Although I am annoyed that a coaster hasn't been gained since 2001 with Talon (since in 2003 Hercules was removed for Hydra and with Voodoo we are losing Laser), Cedar Fair really has added a lot to the park in 15 years

1993 was White Water Landing, 1994 was Thunder Canyon and Road Rally, 1995 and 1996 I am not sure about, 1997 Steel Force, 1998 Hangtime, 1999 Dominator, 2000 Wild Mouse and Camp Snoopy, 2001 Talon, 2002 Meteor, 2003 10 new water slides, 2004 Revolution, 2005 Hydra, 2006 2nd Wave Pool, 2007 Aqua Racer, 2008 Voodoo.

The haven't announced 2009 plans yet.

As for it running 2 trains, I have heard of it happening but in all my visits in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (48) total, I have never seen it run more than 1 train.

Edited by Yoshi