VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jumpin' Jack Flash

29yrswithaGApass

Great Spotlight. Another ride I never rode in its short lifespan at the park, but it would have been right up my alley for sure. And to be honest even a rarely working ride seems more aesthetically pleasing than the paintball building that we have now. Too bad it has been in the boneyard so long now because with budget constraints really lean towards rehabbing and restarting an old ride rather than a brand new one to a certain extent.

Great spotlight. This spotlight is also an example of a PERFECT and CHEAP way to bring more flats to the park. Jumpin Jack Flahs, Joust-a-Bout, Time Warp, and Duccaneer are just sitting in the boneyard. They would be perfect re-addittions to the park, like the Swabachin was. They are spotty in operation, but they will only stay a few years untill our park garners enough money to buy new flats. They would just be a "temporary" fix. The Duccaneer coulg go in LLSP where push cars where and re-route the path that leads to the bathroom around it. Joust a Bout could go where Space Shuttle was to be pretty and take up space and Time Warp could go where Freefall was. It could be a Rocky Horror themed ride! Time Warp-get it! Just kidding abvout the Rocky Horror ride, but Time warp would be a perfect little addition to "spice up" that "dead zone" in our park untill we can afford to Revamp Movietown. And Jumpin Jack Flash would look pretty darn good in teepees old spot painted brown and black or in plaza del cranival as orange and green. Just a thought.................................

Great spotlight. This spotlight is also an example of a PERFECT and CHEAP way to bring more flats to the park. Jumpin Jack Flahs, Joust-a-Bout, Time Warp, and Duccaneer are just sitting in the boneyard.

Unfortunately, those rides all had mechanical problems (except Duccaneer). To modify any ride in the state of New Jersey requires a lot more time and money than the ride is worth, and that money would be better spent on NEW rides. The reason why they were removed was because they never worked right.

• 1 year later...

At first everybody was saying that there is a new freefall, and me and my friends were confused but wanted to ride this 'new' freefall. We pretty much lived at the park that season, so one day it was actually open and we ran to get in line... Was nuts, the drops scared me good! Excellent spotlight!

• 4 months later...
At first everybody was saying that there is a new freefall, and me and my friends were confused but wanted to ride this 'new' freefall. We pretty much lived at the park that season, so one day it was actually open and we ran to get in line... Was nuts, the drops scared me good! Excellent spotlight!

They should of removed the freefall sign before they erected the ride.

Maybe it wasn't worth the trouble for them but I would have thought they could sell ride vehicles or parts rather than scrap them. If they had offered the boats for $100 or $200 each I think they could have sold them. I'd buy one if I had the chance to get it that cheap.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

This ride has always intrigued me. My first visit to the park as a young child was in August 2003, the last season this ride was in the park, and for some reason, one of the only memories I have of that day is of this ride. For many years, I had remembered a flashy yellow ride near the Carousel that was gone the next year but I could never figure out what it was, until I found this site and this spotlight. As a result, I have wondered often about this ride- What problems did it have exactly; why couldn't it have been modified to improve operation like the Evolution ride? How often did it operate at the park? Where did its parts go after leaving the "boneyard"? I'm not sure if there are answers to all of these questions, but I have always been interested in finding out more about this ride. Seeing the video posted above, it looked just as cool as I remembered it.

While I'm not sure the exact problems with the ride, I know they seemed to be constantly welding it so I assume there were structural problems/stress fractures which kind of makes sense when you saw the motion it made.

The problem with fixing the ride was complicated because the manufacturer was in bankruptcy, and making a modification to any ride in the State of New Jersey is very tricky and complicated. NJ has very strict rules about rides that they have to have any modification made by/with the manufacturer or with engineers to oversee/certify the modifications (which can be very expensive because it requires special disciplines for the structure and ride controls). For Evolution it made more sense to send it out of state, but Jumpin' Jack Flash was just more trouble than it was worth for Six Flags. There's a reason why there aren't any others around (just like there aren't any Huss Topple Towers around anymore either).