VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Is Medusa the best coaster to "redesign"?

Which Great Adventure coaster should have been selected for a redesign/upgrade?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Select only one:

• Medusa (GA picked the right one!)
    • Runaway Mine Train
    • El Toro
    • Rolling Thunder
    • Great American Scream Machine
    • Superman
    • Black Beard's Lost Treasure Train
    • Skull Mountain
    • Nitro
    • Batman: The Ride
    • The Dark Knight Coaster
    • Kingda Ka
    • Road Runner Railway

I agree that SF made the right choice. On my lone visit to the park this year, every coaster I went on had at least a 15 minute wait, while Medusa was a walk-on. Plus, it was kind of sad to see her paint in such poor shape after last seeing her in 2001. This revamp will help increase its drawing power, especially when they reopen 'Viper' bridge, oh, I mean 'El Toro' bridge. ;)

Edited by Eric

I chose Medusa, but I'd like to see more theme elements added to a bunch of coasters. Some scenery for the Runaway Mine Train, a retheme/rename of Nitro to Flash, return of the theme elements to BTR, additional theme elements added to Skull Mountain along with general rehab, additional theme elements for SUF.

• 1 month later...

I think they made the right choice with Medusa. It will breath new life to that end of the Park, and it needs some some TLC. Meduse has always been a good Coaster, with some upgrades it can be a great one. And with it being the first of it's kind, it is worthy of some attention.

I would like RT to receive modern brakes, ACE Classic seats and as much rehab on the tracks as possible so it can run like Phoenix. ;) I'd love scenery that would develop a storyline in Skull Mountain. I'd like GASM to get a revamp. I'm not sure if it brings more people to it, so it's purely selfish on my part. :D

I chose GASM, since it seems to be the least popular of the major coasters in the park and could use some upgrades to get more people to ride. First thing they could do is get those new Vekoma trains with the better restraints that the Boomerang at Carowinds is getting. I'm not sure what else could be done, but I'm sure SF could come up with something.

• 6 months later...

^ I agree - though they did a good job with Medusa, I think they could also get the new trains on GASM, but Arrow and Vekoma are too different companies - who knows if S&S Arrow has a better train. They could get the new Bizarro, and revamp GASM but not make a big deal out of it, like with the Xploratorium.

• 1 year later...