VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure's Now-Defunct Rides

Mr. Hot Dog

Coasters

Batman the Chiller- Batman side only, please!!

Shockwave- I always wanted to ride a stand-up roller coaster!

Ultra Twister- Incredible and different

Flats

Chaos

Riptide

Joust-A-Bout

Time Warp

Evolution

Pendulum

Rodeo Stampede

Freefall

Sorry! Not a quadruple post!

Edited by GAThriller

Mine are Time Warp,The Scrambler,The Chiller,The Log Flume Around Wiggles World,Stunt Mans Free Fall,Viper,Rodeo Stampeed,Jummpin Jack Flash,Flying Wave(Swings),Evolution,Pendulum,AutoBahn,Music Express(For Now),Spin Miester(enterprise). :Z21:

^ And by Log Flume around Wiggles World you mean either: Hydro Flume/Hydra, FlumeMoon, Flume, Ride the Rapids, Splash Down, Kodak’s Splash Down, SplashDown, IrrawaddyRiptideRiptide, Poland Springs Plunge, and/or Riptide? lol I'm used to calling it Moon Flume because that's what my parents call it... only been on it a couple of times (5 I think) but that's because it was barelu ever opened in my time... it used to be so nice in the forest. :(

^Quadruple post?

I'm sorry... this is not a quadruple post.

Let me try my list of defunct rides that I want to ride again!

Coasters

Batman the Chiller (Batman)

Shockwave

Ultra Twister

Lightin' Loops (red loop)

Flats

Music Express

Rodeo Stampede

Time Warp

Looping Starship

Freefall

Pendulum

Evolution

Pretty Monster

Joust-A-Bout

Rotor

Riptide

Schwabinchen

Enterprise

Oh man thats an easy one... Shockwave!

I still have the commercials from my earlier years when it first hit GAdv stuck in my head, the lyrics went something like: "Feel your heart screaming like a run-away train... Stand up, that's all you gotta do is stand up let the Shockwave move you!" It was a big deal back then since stand up roller coasters were pretty big news back then, commercials were spammed over and over again all summer... great times.

New to the site, hi everybody! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd love to ride the Supersidewinder, Swings, any of the Wild Mouse type costers, any of the flat rides again...but I think I miss the GA Railroad most of all. I'm not only an amusement park fan, I'm an amusement park train fan. Personally, I find it hard to believe an amusement park IS an amusement without a train ride...GA lost something special to me the day they removed the train ride.

I recently found an old photo of one of the park's Crown metal works 4-4-0s. It was taken in the late 70's w/ my 110 film camera...taken from the path leading to the Moon Flume.

Jeff in East Windsor, NJ

gallery_2_4_111404.jpg

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
Added Jeff's photo!

• 2 years later...

I'm also going to change my answer to Scream Machine since when I first replied to the thread in 2008, I never expected less than 2 years later the ride would be gone.

I know the ride had a reputation of being rough but I never found it that bad if you rode in the first few cars of the train. In 2010, the red train was running amazing, almost to where I would call the ride smooth. It was also my "go to" ride when the park was somewhat crowded and lines for the other major coasters had a 30 minute or more wait, it was nice to know that rarely the ride had much of a line since the capacity was so high with just the OTSR and no seatbelt to check. I like it's replacement though.