VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure's Now-Defunct Rides

Mr. Hot Dog

If you could zip back in time and ride any past Great Adventure ride, which one would it be?

I'm personally really torn between Lightnin' Loops and Ultra Twister. I had countless chances to ride Lightnin' Loops, but I never had the nerve. I only saw Ultra Twister once from the top of the Sarajevo Bobsled lift, and it wasn't working that day. (Not that it mattered since I wouldn't have had the nerve then either.) For the record: I also passed on several chances to ride Shockwave, but I'm not too disappointed about that one.

If I had to pick one, the ride from GA's past that I would like to ride which I missed out on is the Gondola. For those unfamiliar with it, this antique switchback rodeo ride only operated for a very brief time and was located in the center of Fortune Festival (the Boardwalk) section.

gallery_2_67_89718.jpg

By the way, welcome Mr.Hot Dog - great ID name! :)

^ I was going to go with that, but I have a feeling it wasn't open very often when it was there. Supersidewinder was just fascinating to watch with all those exposed gears above your head.

The Train would have been interesting too, although it would be a tough choice whether I'd want to have ridden before or after the Moon Flume was added.

• 2 months later...

I am lucky to have ridden most of the rides, that I wanted to, that have adorned the park since my first visit in 1974.

Personally I would love to ride Viper again. The Sarajevo Bobsleds is another ride I miss very much. That was a fun ride.

The ride I miss the most and wish I could ride over and over again is Freefall. I really dig that feeling of falling like that.

• 5 months later...

When I was younger I was afraid of Viper, could have had so many chances to ride it... Also I had the chance to ride Evolution too! Wish I took that opportunity, I was afraid it would fall off and roll into the lake! lmao

I also wish I rode SM Freefall more! I miss that ride so much, but I did get to ride Jumpin Jack Flash, which I was proud of!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Coasters

Batman:The Chiller-Inverted TopHat!

Viper-I'll be the judge of how painful it was.

Ultra Twister-Vertical Lift!

Shockwave-Fun stand-up coaster.

Flats

Calypso-Crazy spinning.

Chaos-All around fun ride.

Condor-Rode the one at Morey's...offers a great view.

Evolution-Looks so fun and fast.

Great Train Ride-Classic views of the park.

Joust-A-Bout- Massive and drop looks thrilling.

Jumpin Jack Flash-Huss nothing more to say.

Pendulum-Fast and disorienting.

Rodeo Stampede-Love Breakdances.

Time Warp-It would be fun to ride while both sides were going!