VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jackson Planning Board Meeting Jan. 5th. 2009

Railer

I just returned from the Planning Board Meeting, and there is not too much to say. GA went first, and there is no new Attraction's for the '09' Season. There is however, 6 Re-Themeing project's with new signeage, None of them however are major projects. Some of these will be for Eatery's in the Park, with Kitchens being expanded. The Chairman commended GA for it's entire history in Jackson, the Park has always gone thru the proper channel's for any work being done there. Two people were there from the park, and I didn't recognize neither of them. I quess now we can all speculate what will be getting some work done to it, and what will be getting new names as well. Remember the Spider "touched" quite a few thing's last Season. I could see the Arena getting a new Sponsor name, and hopefully some work done on Skull Mountain as well.

With the economy what it is, it's a fact of life that EVERYTHING is either reducing or staying steady for now.

The good thing is that bad economy often means increased attendance at GA, which could lead to new additions in coming seasons. The early 1980's were a bad recession time, and park attendance went up, leading to the addition of 3 major attractions for the 1983 season.

The park has built a good foundation over the past 2 seasons, bringing back the basics of service and cleanliness, and a family friendly atmosphere. I expect they will build attendance this year, and begin to be more profitable which WILL lead to a decent new attraction for 2010.

Also, we may see more rides operating this year than last year... ;)

If they open Houdini again this year I will be happy, maybe after being closed for a Season and a little work done to it it will seem "fresh" again. But just think, if they do a good job of turning Medusa into a "story on a Coaster" and re-open Houdini and do a Re-theme of Skull Mountain and also having TDK, that's not a bad Dark Ride lineup. (excluding Medusa) I could see this happening as a cheap alternative to a "new" ride this year, and I would consider it a good lineup of "new" stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

At tonite's meeting there is more from Great Adventure and the 2009 Capital Improvenment's!!! I just went on the Jackson Twp. site and they are listed for this evening. I wish I knew about it sooner, I would of planned to go. It is now 7:06 and i wouldn't make it in time. Harry or Tom I hope one of you guy's noticed it on the site and are going to fill us all in.

I tried to make it out there but was late. I got there about 7:47 and missed all the GA stuff. Sorry all, I tried to get the scoop. If I get a chance this week I will take a run out and find out all the details of the re-themeing projects for "09". They are public record and are available to everyone.

Thanks for trying to make it to the meeting Rich. I am sure that tonight was just a recap of the previous meeting - typically items under "Legal Matters" on the agenda are just that. Once the town gets caught up on their meeting notes we should be able to read more of the details of what is planned for GA.

6 retheaming projects

1. Medusa

2. Big Wheel

3. Cyber Cafe

4. Houdini ?? changes of inside

5. Fly Me To The Moon Replaced and rethemed with another movie???

6. M&M world would have to go somewhere too

Skull Mountain -waterfall, inside decorations??? the spider touched it

Dark Knight- more decorations-like it should have had in the first place??? the spider touched it

The bathrooms in Looney Toones Seaport still have Austrailian decorations of the wall from Koala Canyon maybe it will be rethemed to fit Looney Toones??

Maybe one of the Old Country rides will be moved into another section of the park???

Just my thoughts.....

Edited by Chiller

Looks pretty straightforward at this point. My biggest wonder is where or when the upgrades to Medusa would be mentioned as those would seem to be more than minor changes to landscape and other stuff in the park. I really hope at this point there has been no decision that new paint is all we get because of financial reasons.

Mrs. Krubner is a real character! She also asked if they were going to install solar panels when they went for approval of the hotel. She's been a Jackson resident for a LONG time and I'm always impressed with her commitment to the environment when she reviews these things.