VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

No New Name For Medusa!

Railer

I was supposed to Eastcoaster today, but due to unforseen circumstances I could not go. But Harry just gave me word that there is no new name for Medusa, it will stay the same. It will be opening on Memoral Day. It will be supposedly the same themeing additions as X-2. I will keep you all informed if I hear anything else, as the day goes by.

Thanks for the update! I'm happy that/if it will be the same name. I like that name and plus if they did change the name it could be something worse! If Medusa does get sound and or fire like X^2 I'll be a happy person.

Edited by rcji

Did they ever say a new name won't be given?

Park really dropped the ball on this one. No point in transforming a ride if you are going to continue giving it the same name.At least an addition to the name would have meant something. Looks like a giant letdown after the wheel and fireworks announcements.

What fireworks, I'm just corious.

I think I will second that. Medusa has always been one of my favorite Coaster's, and will continue to be that. Whatever they do with it will be a plus in my book. Maybe they will take the Medusa Mining Company Theme a bit further.

^AMEN!

Something interesting though, after talking with Angel, I found out that the entire Medusa project is out of the control with the park, but Clawshun Industries/Corprate. I believe the park doesn't even know the name yet.

I was hoping for a better mining theme, it would be lame to give Medusa a DC theme since it is in a Western section. I have never been to keen with comic book theming for rides anyways since I was never into superheros.

Wait, I'm a little slow, so it's definetely themed to Lex Luthor? If it is, whats thge point of having ultimate flight then? Atleast it's not being removed though, I liked the meDUECa idea.

It's not themed to Luthor at this point, but the viral marketing is a DC tie-in; no clues yet where this is headed...

It is kind of good, in my opinion, that there will not be a name change. Although it may not fit in the section, it became a classic. Medusa: The worlds first floorless coaster. Six Flags could suprise us and have a compleatly different theme than we are guessing. Not anything to do with Lex Luthor.