VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Pendulum

29yrswithaGApass

Nice work as always, great Spotlight. It's ashame that it's stay with us was short, it was a fun ride. The Park really could use this one back. I used to like it's "tucked away" spot in the Park, kind of like a "Secret Ride". I'm glad I went on it a few times and was able to enjoy it while we had it.

SFGAm has virtually the same coaster collection as SFGAdv (as the every day guest would be concerned) and 3 times as many flat rides and a free, full-scale water park. They bring in the same amount of people, but SFGAdv has a separate-gated water park and Safari.

Maybe I'm the wrong person to answer this...

In the spotlight, it said it was in a bad location. IDK, I think it's harder to find your way around Knoebels ;)

Edited by darkridedan

I never even knew the ride existed before reading about it on this site and I rode the bumper cars in 2002 and still didn't see it so I definetly agree about it being hidden. Not that I would have ridden it anyway because I'm sure it would make me sick but it looked like it was cool to watch.

never rode it or even a ride like it that I recall, but it seems like it would have been a good ride to still hav around today. Certainly there is nothing else in the park quite like it, but had the ride still been around and able to draw we may still be privy to a small section of old country with this, Autobahn, and Music Express. This once agian goes int he I wish I had category of GAH :)

I have to say my favorite of all the pictures you guys have in here is the little black and white demo going. I dunno why but I feel like it's just a nifty little addition.

SFGAm has virtually the same coaster collection as SFGAdv (as the every day guest would be concerned) and 3 times as many flat rides and a free, full-scale water park. They bring in the same amount of people, but SFGAdv has a separate-gated water park and Safari.

Maybe I'm the wrong person to answer this...

In the spotlight, it said it was in a bad location. IDK, I think it's harder to find your way around Knoebels ;)

That is a good question. I think one thing is that back when Pendulum was removed GAdv still had alot more flat rides than now so they probably did not see it as much of a problem. But the problem was most of the then remaining flats were aging rides that the old management took poor care of.

Edited by The Master

Great Adventure is always at a HUGE disadvantage compared to other parks because it is a union shop. That means EVERYTHING costs more, and ride maintenance is at the top of the list of expenses. To keep rides running you need union carpenters, union electricians, union fiberglass workers, union mechanics, union painters. That makes every ride more expensive to maintain.

Adding 27 new rides without increasing the budget for maintenance was a plan doomed to fail. Adding Hurricane Harbor the next season only made the situation worse.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest Moonracker7

If Chiller did not exist in '99 that would have been a better place for pendulum because it sticks out like a sore thumb and a queue could go a round the other flat rides and it could have been removed when SF filled for bankruptcy.

• 1 year later...

Screamscape is reporting that Fiesta Texas is removing their Frisbee ride. I wonder if it will be relocated within the chain and if it were to go to Great Adventure and in a more noticeable spot, I think it would be very popular.

• 7 years later...