VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Future of the Stunt Arena

MarioSonic94

• 1 month later...
The arena should be turned into another venue for concerts. Six Flags Over Georgia did the same thing to their Batman Stunt Arena.

Luis L.

That's a good idea. Smaller Six Flags parks like Six Flags America use their stunt arenas as concert venues. The lesser known performers like some of those featured in the Thursday (and soon Sunday) concert series would fit the Stunt Arena nicely.

That's a good idea. Smaller Six Flags parks like Six Flags America use their stunt arenas as concert venues. The lesser known performers like some of those featured in the Thursday (and soon Sunday) concert series would fit the Stunt Arena nicely.

Actually, Six Flags America's Batman Stunt Arena had a Justice League Show during the 2007 season

Luis L.

No more record breakers. I would hope that the park and Six Flags learned their lesson with Kingda Ka. Though they may bring a large crowd into the park, they are just a handful. The stunt arena should get a new show, there's really no excuse as to why it should sit dormant again for almost the whole season. Same goes for the Showcase Theater and Great Lake Grandstand. There's only so much Dolphin and Tiger that I can take.

I've heard rumors that it will be taken down for one of the park's new roller coasters coming soon (I think it was the 2009 season).

Ahh, the dive machine rumour,it actually wouyldn't be that bad of a location for a coaster, they will cut into the parking lot a little bit but that's not a big deal :hotdog: . I always wanted a launced freefall there or where stuntman's was.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to be hearing of the rumored dive machine for 2009. I think the arena should just get an overhaul and a new show. It's located perfectly to bring protions of the crowd to one corner of the park if a good show was to be put back in there. Even a revamped batman show to the tune of begins/dark knight would work I believe.

The Dolphins are always fun to see and the Tigers are quite interesting animals, but one can only see those shows so many times before they get seriously dulled down.

• 2 months later...

I don't think there's any new news on the Stunt Arena (?) other than it will remain closed this year. They haven't put up the wall that will block off the closed Chiller/Old Country section yet so I am not sure if guests will have access to the courtyard area in front the arena. By the way, guests that need to access the Old Country Picnic Grove will do so through the closed Chiller portion of Movie Town and not through the Old Country.

• 1 month later...

I remember being younger and seeing the Batman shows there where the Batmobile would come out and all, and I remember feeling the heat of the fire (for some stunt effect) I would love to see the inside of the theater again before it (may) be knocked down.

I think that by mid summer something will be decided upon for the stunt arean. There will be tons of people flocking into that general direction for the new coaster and Batman: The Ride will probably see a rather renewed fanbase at this point. Having a show would be wise in that arean, but if not, the land it's sitting on is prime real estate for near future projects to revitalize movietown.

Please do not ripp any more stuff out of the park. Put a new show in there! We cant afford to have something else ripped down. I dont think GA is getting another coaster.I think there gong to anounce another freefall type ride for the park. i see no reason to remove and try and pack another coaster in that area with he addition of dark night its to crowded. There are plenty of open spces for a ride an i dont see one going there. Look for the coaster in 2010 i old country. As far as shows years ago they had dolpin and seal shown lose it who cares, lets see te high divers and water ski show again. Do the still do the fireworks from lake grandstand . SF needs o look into the past to see what worked and stop taking chances and removing stuff people like!

Please do not ripp any more stuff out of the park. Put a new show in there! We cant afford to have something else ripped down. I dont think GA is getting another coaster.I think there gong to anounce another freefall type ride for the park. i see no reason to remove and try and pack another coaster in that area with he addition of dark night its to crowded. There are plenty of open spces for a ride an i dont see one going there. Look for the coaster in 2010 i old country. As far as shows years ago they had dolpin and seal shown lose it who cares, lets see te high divers and water ski show again. Do the still do the fireworks from lake grandstand . SF needs o look into the past to see what worked and stop taking chances and removing stuff people like!

There are currently no fireworks shows from the grandstand at this point and haven't been for a few years now. As for the dolphin show it pretty much consists of the dolphins doing some quick tricks themed to a pirate adventure with some sea lion tricks show as well on the platform. This they run once or twice a day with a new special up close extra show being performed for guests who pay a little extra I believe. Nothing compared to the shows they used to have I am sure, but they are still entertaining to go and watch mainly because the animals are enjoyable as a whole. I really do believe that with The Dark Knight opening, Batman: The Ride still in the area, and the Legion of Doom supposedly stepping onto the paths in the park that a new stunt show or something else themed in the DC world could reappear within the Stunt Arena.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Do you mean you know the park made a decision to do this, or it's just a personal prediction, but the stunt Arena should stay forever, first it was Koala Canyon, then Teepee, I don't want anything else removed.

I talk to a staff member there going to definitely but a indoor coaster in the arena, but the dive coaster in old country or Koala Canyon is a prediction. But for fright fest this year a terror trail will be in the koala canyon's former site.

There have been many "planned additions" mentioned by park employees that have never come to pass, including the upper management employees. A lot of these rumors are "blue sky" ideas that are being bounced around...few make it onto a drawing board and even fewer of those get built.