VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Off Season Tour - March 18th, 2009

29yrswithaGApass

The photos will be posted tomorrow.

Unfortunately, we won't have any "Medusa" photos to share. The good news is some details should be announced along with information about the park's season opener, so we won't have to wait until the ride opens in May.

Also, no rides have been removed this year. Some people thought that Tango was "at risk" because of the way the map was drawn but it is still at the park.

The photos will be posted tomorrow.

Unfortunately, we won't have any "Medusa" photos to share. The good news is some details should be announced along with information about the park's season opener, so we won't have to wait until the ride opens in May.

Also, no rides have been removed this year. Some people thought that Tango was "at risk" because of the way the map was drawn but it is still at the park.

Why tomorrow? Is there an announcement tomorrow? Im anxious! :drool5:

I think in all honesty the additional lockers are the only real bummers for me. We do birng things to the park now and then and it's kinda of a pick your poison for us whether we need a regular one of just singles all day for the ride locker rentals. Either way with the amount we do in a typical day it evens out to about the same amount of money. I think the ones for skull mountain is the most perplexing to me.

Everything else in the park, however, looks amazing. I think it's going to look a little odd without the Dream Street divider for the first day, just because I'm used to it, but I'm sure the extra walking space will be appreciated. The pictures all look great and the park is coming together wonderfully. I can't wait these last couple of weeks are gonna be looooong.

With the dividers gone are the flag poles gone also? If so Im gonna be mad, I really liked them, they were part of the orignal design.

This picture from the last visit back in February shows one of the poles carefully removed for the construction site. I wouldn't be surprised to see it reinstalled.

2007_02_17_IMG_9966.jpg

Things are looking like they have "tweaked" all the little issues in the park. The extra space without the planters is a really good idea. That area would get really tight on crowded days, and with the parade going straight down the middle it will really open it up a lot. The new shops will add some more variety for shopping. They are really showing good "attention to detail" and it is what the park really needed. I think all the little touches are in preparation for the next couple of years, when they do some of the "major" additions to the park.

I think in all honesty the additional lockers are the only real bummers for me. We do birng things to the park now and then and it's kinda of a pick your poison for us whether we need a regular one of just singles all day for the ride locker rentals. Either way with the amount we do in a typical day it evens out to about the same amount of money. I think the ones for skull mountain is the most perplexing to me.

Yes, this is very upsetting. I was hoping they would have gotten tons of complaints about the lockers (I sent a letter) and this is the opposite of what I wanted to happen (I wanted them removed not added to more rides).

Not more lockers <_<. Even though I don't bring a boat load of crap with me to a park I still would like a bin to place my bottle of soda or water rather than to stuff it in my jacket in cool weather, pants in warm weather, or hide it in a bush for KK and all 3 are a PITA. Last year the lockers sucked alot of the fun of riding GAdv's coasters for me and going to the other local parks was a relief since I did not have to worry about locker nazis.

Edited by The Master