VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Will GA ever get a new water ride?

After the removal of Riptide last winter and most likely Movie Town Water Effect this year, it seems like Great Adventure may be down to just two water rides for 2008 - the Log Flume and Congo Rapids. While the park doesn't have any immediate plans to add a water ride, do you think another one is needed at the park and if so what type of water ride?

I actually included this with my 2007 season wrap-up on my site! It is sad to see that we are now losing another water ride for those hot summer days! I really loved Water Effect because you didn't have to wait on a line to get wet, you just sat on the bridge! I really hope that they look into adding a newer Chute the Chutes ride in the future. Otherwise the only place you'll be able to go to get wet will be Hurricane Harbor; maybe they are trying to get more people to go to the water park for their water ride fix?

• 6 months later...

I think a new water ride in the park is a must. Those last few days in NJ when it was 100 degress im sure MTWE would have had a line longer than congo rapids. Its going to be hard not to add some sort of water ride in the park soon. Maybe they can add something similar to what Sea World put in at their San Diego park. 1\2 coaster 1\2 water ride called Atlantis its great!

I think a new water ride in the park is a must. Those last few days in NJ when it was 100 degress im sure MTWE would have had a line longer than congo rapids. Its going to be hard not to add some sort of water ride in the park soon. Maybe they can add something similar to what Sea World put in at their San Diego park. 1\2 coaster 1\2 water ride called Atlantis its great!

AGREE!!!!!! 100%

Being a parent they really need a Water Play Structure in The Looney Toons Seaport area. The one in the Golden Kingdom is great for the kids on 100 degree days, and National Park also has the Water Tower. The other end of the park needs one for the little ones, they heat up a lot faster than we do. And since i'm a parent, I can go in them too (with my kids) That was why with the addition of Wiggles World I was surprised they didn't do something with Koala Kanyon, not keep it open, but put a new water play area in the same spot. I know on hot days we can't keep them on that side of the park too long before they start to overheat. *R*

• 2 months later...

I have to agree with you there. Just seems like too much possibility for something to happen with the boats sitting up that high. I mean I suppose in theory that with theming around it like the rocks in Congo Rapids, and other stuff the point might be moot because there would be more surrounding the ride, but the way it is structured in the video I forsee something bad coming out of it. On the bright side the lift aspect seems pretty cool to add on.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe if the water was heated. Although, seeing the fog rise off of the water would be a neat effect.

It's not. I did it one time with my mom, and we froze. To make matters worse, people sprayed us with those 25 cent water guns along the way! But I will admit it was a lot of fun despite the fact that it seemed like winter came early!

And yes, that would be neat.

Edited by Great Adventurer