VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Time for some Aerial Photos from April 19, 2009

Flyin Phil

Hi Everyone,

I finally did a fly-over on Sunday, though despite the mellow looking sky it was quite bumpy up there. I shot some areas of interest including Bizarro, plus some overview shots as well including the BONEYARD. Looks like Jumpin Jack Flash is no longer there, or possibly moved indoors. Not many folks were in attendance at noon time, though I hope more showed up later in the day for the park's sake.

You can find the park gallery HERE

And the Bizarro (Medusa) Update gallery HERE

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Flyin Phil

Hey Phil!

What great shots (as usual!). :clap: Thanks for sharing the views only you can give us! It is always nice to see what is and isn't in the boneyard. It's also nice to now the kiddie rides (photo 7) will be moving out of the boneyard and back into Balin's Jungleland!

Sunday was fairly empty- I was surprised being it was such a nice day.

Many thanks!

Unfortunately, I think Jumpin Jack Flash is history. One morning this past winter Tom and I were at the service gate while they were preparing to move the trailer in the boneyard. When we left later in the day the ride was gone.

That is not to say they weren't taking it somewhere for an overhaul, but I doubt it. :(

Thanks for sharing Phil! :)

A couple of things I noticed...

Picture # 12 you can see the light strips for the Big Wheel on the truck just behind the gate next to Mama Flora's.

In the boneyard, the parts of JJF and Timewarp that I saw being hauled off are gone, but other parts of them are still there (the JJF tubs, the Time Warp tower and arms). It's funny that they've only gotten rid of parts of the rides and not the whole thing. I'm guessing the scrap dealers value some things more than others. Also, I didn't see Duccaneer there anymore, but this time I did notice the framework for the old Ferris Wheel in BBL is still on site. And, after all these years, Joust-A-Bout is STILL THERE! I know it was beyond repair when it was removed, so I have to wonder why it hasn't been hauled off. The steel supports and arms would probably be worth a few bucks as scrap metal, so it's surprising they haven't been taken away yet.

It's the same size it was last season, and yes, it does fill up! I'm always shocked at how many people pay the extra $10 rather than walk. And some of those people look like they REALLY need the exercise!

That is why those people pay the extra ten Bucks.

And, after all these years, Joust-A-Bout is STILL THERE! I know it was beyond repair when it was removed, so I have to wonder why it hasn't been hauled off. The steel supports and arms would probably be worth a few bucks as scrap metal, so it's surprising they haven't been taken away yet.

I recently found a statement from the winter of 1998/99 that said the Joust-a-Bout was suppose to be relocated to another part of the park and the three Adventure Rivers towers were the only things originally targeted for removal for 1999. Not sure why their plans changed but maybe something happened when they were taking it apart or it still works! But now after 10 years.... :(

Hey Phil!

What great shots (as usual!). :clap: Thanks for sharing the views only you can give us! It is always nice to see what is and isn't in the boneyard. It's also nice to now the kiddie rides (photo 7) will be moving out of the boneyard and back into Balin's Jungleland!

Sunday was fairly empty- I was surprised being it was such a nice day.

Many thanks!

The weather was pretty nice for most of the day until the last hour I was there when the wind picked up bad and the temps dropped like a brick.

Nice pictures Phil, looks like work on Medusa is lagging behind compared to Superman at SFNE. That or Medusa is just not getting as much stuff as SFNE's Superman.

Edited by The Master