VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Thoughts for 2010/2011 Capital Imporvements?

This isn't a topic for rumors, but Six Flags announced each park will get a new major addition fot he 50th anniversary in 2011. What are some ideas for a new "big" Great Adventure attraction?

I think it woulbe be great for an ELEBORATE dark ride to be constructed, even if it's just an "off the shelf" model from SAlly or something. A dark ride is something we ALL know our park needs.

I think with the entire chain having a budget of only $105 million for capital improvements that year, we need to set our sights low.

In the statements Shapiro has been making, each park will receive something "new", but in some cases that will be things like fixing existing attractions. There was so much deferred maintenance under the old management they still have to catch up and get the existing attractions up and running right.

I think we'll be seeing more "makeovers" of existing rides, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the old "ride rotation" program come back..

The cost of moving a Ride the Size of Ka alone would be astronomical. It would be in the Million's. I don't think Kingda Ka is going anywhere, it is still a Major draw for the Park. It would definetly put another Park on the Map, but I don't think it is economical to move it. And only a Major park in the Chain could afford the Maiteinance on it.

If Ka goes I go lol. Your talking getting rid of the BEST PAPA JOHN'S CASHIER RIGHT HERE!

Seriously if anything was to get rotated I'd like to see Revolution @ SfGam come back to us and Xcalibur @ Sfstl while were at it Rodeo @ Sfot, Infact how about all the rides that SfGadv gave away....bring them back to us.

I don't know. I'm thinking every breakdown is one more nail in the coffin. I'm hearing it's having MORE problems (just in time for Fourth of July weekend)! :rolleyes:

Honestly I expect to see more focus on infrastructure and maintenance in the park than any really big new attractions for 2010 and 2011. There are so many things that need to be fixed right and maintained, and if the money has to go to fixing those (the Parachute, the Skyride, etc), then that's good enough for me. Since rides like those are endangered species and have been removed from MOST parks, I'm hoping money is found to keep them going.

It would be really nice for 2011 if something like Disneyland's 50th happened. By that, I mean how all the original rides got one of their cars painted gold. It would be nice if for each of the rides our park has other Six Flags have, or had(carousel, skyway, log flume, etc.) they add displays to the quenue about the same ride at other park. That would be interesting and best of all CHEAP!

I still think we are going to get a Tony Hawk Coaster sometime down the road. And one thing I would like to see is the parking Lot get re-paved, It is in pretty bad shape in some spot's. If Ka were to be removed it would have to be replaced with something. A Golden Kingdom without it is just a heavily Themed Kids Section.

I think we are more out to see something similar to the 2005 Disney promotion "Happiest Celebration on Earth" where all the parks received attractions from other parks for the 50th celebration. Magic Kingdom received Cinderellatbtration from Tokyo, EPCOT received California Adventure's Soarin, MGM received Disney Paris' Light, Motor, Action Extreme Stunt Show, and the Animal Kingdom received Lucky the free-roaming audioanimatronic dinosaur as seen at Hong Kong Disneyland.

Disney replicated each attraction without removing them from their original locations, but I still think for Six Flags we will see a return of the Six Flags Ride Rotation Program.

With a Ride Rotation Program, I don't think they would move any Woodie, that seems like ALOT of work to move a Coaster. I wouldn't mind having Tatsu visit us for a few year's, though. But my only concern is what we would lose to gain something. Nitro for Tatsu?

NO MORE RIDE ROTATIONS!!!!! Astroworld got EVERYTHING!!!! GADV had so many unique coasters as part of that program that just ended up going, and staying, at Astroworld. Although some coasters are being stored at no longer Six FLags parks, I think the old Astroworld coasters in storage will be re-entered. I wouldn't mind getting SHOCKWAVE or Ultra Twister back ;) Still, with the curretn economic state, the 2010 and 2011 additions might just be actually small additions that just recieve A LOT of publicity, sort of like Dark Knight. Dark Knight wasn't a HUGE additon, but marketed as one.

If anything, I think there could be a few (mostly B&Ms) that would be ideal candidates for rotation. Just off the top of my head I can think of about 8 that are all built on flat pieces of ground and could be moved without too much work. That is the "advantage" to a parking lot coaster is it can be setup on any flat piece of ground:

Scream (SFMM)

Medusa (SFDK)

Chang (SFKK)

Riddler's Revenge (SFMM)

Vertical Velocity (SFGAm)

SUF (SFGAdv & SFGAm)

The Dark Knight (SFNE)

Yeah the thing with coasters is most ride rotation coasters where "smaller" or "compact" and lacked any theming or extra things other than a qunues, sign, and actual coaster. Most of the coasters where small. I can see it happening with vertical velocity or SUF but unlikely with RR or DK. WOuldn;t it be cool if the new improvement had something to do with "uncharted territory" ;) (eg, the lake or BEYONG the lake :w00t:

Any of those rides could EASILY be marketed a a new coaster and bring somethign new to a park that doesn't have that particular kind of ride.

A standup could easily be marketed as a new sensation since there aren't any within a few hundred miles, and most park guests weren't even born when Shockwave was at the park.

I just keep picturing GASM, SUF and the old Admin tent building all being removed and a ride like Chang or Riddler's taking up that area.

If anything, I think there could be a few (mostly B&Ms) that would be ideal candidates for rotation. Just off the top of my head I can think of about 8 that are all built on flat pieces of ground and could be moved without too much work. That is the "advantage" to a parking lot coaster is it can be setup on any flat piece of ground:

Scream (SFMM)

Medusa (SFDK)

Chang (SFKK)

Riddler's Revenge (SFMM)

Vertical Velocity (SFGAm)

SUF (SFGAdv & SFGAm)

The Dark Knight (SFNE)

This could be the answer as to why SFNE rethemed Superman Ride of Steel and not The Dark Knight to Bizarro!

I hate to be "That Guy" but Gadv's coasters aren't going anywhere. I doubt SFI would even think about rotating rides again esp. coasters! If anything give all the parks some Huss Flats and S&S Flats. Gadv still needs a drop tower, Huss Frisbee, and S&S Screamin Swing.

I REALLY want to see Gadv expand beyond the lake. That would make our park worthy of a hotel. Great Wolf Lodge anyone.

The problem is I don't see us getting any MORE rides. I see that if we are going to get something new, we'll have to lose something to provide the budget for the staffing and maintenance. That's why I see ride rotation as an option. It's cost effective and keeps all the parks getting something "new".