VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Least Favorite Ride

29yrswithaGApass

I'd also like to add Expedition Everest as dissapointing ride. Good thing I got FastPass for that coaster, if I would waited the full 90 minutes, I would have been really harsh on this coaster.

Overall: Over hyped, under good.

You barely even see the Yeti at the end of the ride.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two comments:

Disneyland's Splash Mountain is more of a classic log ride, and you do get wet. Also, the last to seats are wider and do fit 2 people in the log of DL's. It looks weird but its cool.

Expedition Everest is a good ride, but when the Yeti isn't working, park operations will either put a strobe on the Yeti or turn the lights off completely. I think they're both good rides, but they could use improvment.

They really need to get the Yeti working again, it was amazing to see it working in 2006 but in January it was barely visible, even knowing where to look I barely saw anything and I rode the coaster 4 times that day.

Here are the most disappointing rides I've been on

1. Great American Scream Machine (Six Flags Great Adventure; the worst roller coaster ever built) 173 feet is the worst height for a looping roller coaster! :cursing:
  2. White Water Landing (Dorney Park) This ride nearly killed me!!
  3. Every ride at Splish Splash, the WORST water park in the Northeast!
  4. The Haunted House dark ride (Adventureland NY)
Edited by GAThriller

^ I agree. When I went to Dorney Park in 2006, it was all right, but it got worse when the park removed Laser and renamed the Little Laser kiddie coaster Steel First. Why Steel First? It's such a stupid name for a kids' coaster next to the train wreck known as Percy's Railway (ugh!).

Talon wasn't really a good roller coaster, just 4 inversions...I want to go on a inverted roller coaster with five (Batman) or six (Top Gun/Afterburn) or even seven (Montu)!!

But...the Great American Scream Machine was absolutely awful! It was the worst roller coaster I ever went on! When it was under construction it was going to be 172 feet, but NO! Instead stupid 173 feet like that horrible episode of Strong Bad e-mail when the Paper dies and gets replaced by a stupid printer who prints out a butt or that painfully annoying and ugly Pokemon Cleffa! I was totally mortified by the GASM. They should remove it or change the height to 172' or 150'! This was the most uncomfortable roller coaster I ever went on! The ride should be renamed Great American Torture Machine

In conclusion, Six Flags Great Adventure is a great theme park with a variety of roller coasters and rides.

Best roller coasters: Bizarro, El Toro, Nitro

Worst roller coaster: Great American Scream Machine

Edited by GAThriller

You can't beat the classics like Rolling Thunder, Great American Scream Machine, and the Log Flume... BUT, I do agree that it GASM needs some TLC, but not to be romoved. Because, I get serious headaches, and the blood rushes all around my body, but I still enjoy the coaster, especally at night!

• 3 weeks later...

GASM because it's 173', which is the worst height for a steel looping roller coaster. It gave me a headache. There are better roller coasters you know, such as Mantis, Viper (Magic Mountain), and Carolina Cyclone!!

Incidentally, because of the GASM's horrendous, 173 is the worst number because of the sb-email episode where paper dies and the Pokemon Cleffa, which is just the WORST Pokemon they ever came up with!

Edited by GAThriller

• 8 months later...

Inverterer at Moreys Piers was my least favorite ride. The restraints didn't lock, they kept pressing down harder and harder. Very painful ride, good thing they removed it..... :)

^ I agree. When I went to Dorney Park in 2006, it was all right, but it got worse when the park removed Laser and renamed the Little Laser kiddie coaster Steel First. Why Steel First? It's such a stupid name for a kids' coaster next to the train wreck known as Percy's Railway (ugh!).

Talon wasn't really a good roller coaster, just 4 inversions...I want to go on a inverted roller coaster with five (Batman) or six (Top Gun/Afterburn) or even seven (Montu)!!

But...the Great American Scream Machine was absolutely awful! It was the worst roller coaster I ever went on! When it was under construction it was going to be 172 feet, but NO! Instead stupid 173 feet like that horrible episode of Strong Bad e-mail when the Paper dies and gets replaced by a stupid printer who prints out a butt or that painfully annoying and ugly Pokemon Cleffa! I was totally mortified by the GASM. They should remove it or change the height to 172' or 150'! This was the most uncomfortable roller coaster I ever went on! The ride should be renamed Great American Torture Machine

In conclusion, Six Flags Great Adventure is a great theme park with a variety of roller coasters and rides.

Best roller coasters: Bizarro, El Toro, Nitro

Worst roller coaster: Great American Scream Machine

How dare you say Talon's not a good ride, its my fourth favorite coaster behind Bizarro(SFNE), Nitro, and El Toro

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

New least favorite ride: Half Pipe at Elitch Gardens. When I first rode it two years ago I didn't think it was bad, but this year it was absolutely terrible. First you get stapled by an extremely uncomfortable restraint, and then the actual ride is extremely bumpy. The SLC at that park is awful too, but I would much rather ride that than Half Pipe.

It's probably been said before, but Mean Streak at CP is by far the worst coaster I've ridden. The layout rambles on endlessly without actually doing much, and it's terribly rough. I have a hard time calling a coaster rough or painful (Skyrush had no pain for me, I actually liked Mantis, the volare in Coney Island, and the Arrow loopers I've ridden), but Mean Streak gave me a headache while riding it.