VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Least Favorite Ride

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fly me to the moon was the single worst thing I have ever experienced. I want 15 minutes of my life back you thieves !!!

LOL I agree about fly me to the moon, wrost film GAdv has had so far. Another bad ride was Viper which used to be where El Toro is now.

Edited by The Master

I never thought Viper was a bad ride. I found the last transition to be bad but overall I have been on much worse. I assume my experience with the attraction had much to do with heightening the enjoyment. Hypersonic is still the only ride that I can say nothing good about.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave Dark Knight a second try tonight. Mabey I was expecting too much the first time. But Judgment still stands. This one stinks on ice. Even the attendants gave up on the being quiet/dont sit on the rails/pay attention to this or that speech . Gone is the compressed air burst when the graffiti lights up and there are advertisements on the walls where the words light up making them even harder to read. This ride is only a crazy mouse with props placed in bad positions. By the time you even see a prop its gone and you dont get to enjoy it cause you get a tenth of a second to see it. Its says something at the end that for the life of me I just cant make out. I know I am alone in this but I think even Skull Mountain owns this thing. They just need to turn on all the strobes not just the last 25 foot section of the track. Hey Mr Pumpkin!!! See you again at fright fest my friend!

• 2 months later...

After reading Tom's dissapointing parks topic, it inspired me to create one of my own, only this topic will be based on dissapointing rides. Anyway, on to what I think is a dissapointing ride

Splash Mountain

To tell you the truth, I actually like this ride. The think that dissapointed me about this ride, were the drops. Even though they were thrilling, they didn't get me soaked. Probably why I found it dissapointing is because I am used to Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls (which I like more than Splash Mountain) than Splash Mountain.

Luis L.

I'm not sure if it counts as a ride or not but Stitch's Great Escape. I didn't find anything good about it and will never see it again.

If it doesn't count then the shooting dark ride at Gillian's Wonderland Pier in Ocean City, NJ.

Here is a picture to show how open the ride is, it is short, hardly any targets and most of the guns don't work making the ride pointless.

ALIEN2_400.jpg

I am not sure of what would be my most disappointing ride.

I guess it would be safe to say that I was not overly impressed with Dark Knight. It's just a wild mouse in a building. Not worth all the hype and that long wait in line to me.

I'd rather go to Funtown Pier in Seaside Heights and ride Mighty Mouse. That is a great little wild mouse ride.

Just my opinion.

Journey Into Your Imagination, awlful ride that Disney replaced the classic Journey Into Imagination with. Also Super Star Limo that used to be at DCA, another stinker. Then there is PKD's old Hypersonic XLC which banged you around bad, so did Viper in GAdv. Jumping Jellyfish also at DCA is lame. The Surfing ride at Hershey's Boardwalk suck as do the mat water slides at Ocean Oasis at Wildwood.

Edited by The Master

Yes Journey Into Your Imagination is horrible. They made it a little better by adding Figment back in but it is still nothing compared to what it used to be. Even the Imageworks after the ride isn't as good as the old one on the upper level. Most of it is still up there not being used and I wish they would open it back up.

Wild Thing at Valleyfair. It looks like great fun but the trains are horrible; it's like riding a coaster stuck sitting on the floor of a bumpy SUV. And the track is so long and boring. Honestly, boring. The helix out by the parking lot is pointless, bankless, and just totally devoid of fun. Plus the hills are not curved, so you lock into a set angle when going up or down every hill (this phenomenon can be felt on Magnum and Steel Force, but to a considerably lesser degree) and stay there the whole time, which not only makes the ride less exciting and less fluid, but more painful as well, as the transitions into and out of these hills are brutal. Overall a forceless, drawn out, uncomfortable and boring ride. I honestly couldn't believe how bad it was.

cross between Stitches Great Escape and Fly Me to the Moon. Both are terrible, but the worst attraction EVER is Pooh's Playful Spot. It's a kid's playground, but a disgrace to the old 20,000 Leagues Ride that used to be there. RIP Captain Nemo :(:(:(:(:(

Agreed, at least Disneyland reopened their sub ride. I think I will also add the new Simpsons ride at Universal, the plot is pretty lame which I expected since the show has sucked for 10 years now. The graphics in the film are good but the plot is awlful, the old BTTF ride was better even though it did not mesh with the films very well.

• 1 month later...
After reading Tom's dissapointing parks topic, it inspired me to create one of my own, only this topic will be based on dissapointing rides. Anyway, on to what I think is a dissapointing ride

Splash Mountain

To tell you the truth, I actually like this ride. The think that dissapointed me about this ride, were the drops. Even though they were thrilling, they didn't get me soaked. Probably why I found it dissapointing is because I am used to Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls (which I like more than Splash Mountain) than Splash Mountain.

Luis L.

You should try Disneyland's version it's much wetter than Disney World's Splash Mountain.

Edited by The Master

^ It also depends upon which time of year you go. You don't tend to get too wet (or wet at all) when the weather is cooler. They adjust the water levels and deactivate certain features like the water canons to keep guests dry but still allow them to take in all the great sights of the ride.

One November several years back I went on Splash Mountain in Tokyo Disneyland and came off bone dry. It really isn't socially acceptable for them to get soaked on rides there. They even dry off the seats between the unload and load stations. It is also forbidden for guests to step on the ride vehicle seats when getting in and out of the cars and boats.

Even in Dec, you still can get pretty damp on Disneyland's Splash Mountain. The DL version is the oldest design and the log boats are only one person wide like most flumes, they are not double wide logs like WDW has.

Edited by The Master

The DL version is the oldest design and the log boats are only one person wide like most flumes, they are not double wide logs like WDW has.

Florida's Splash Mountain was originally going to have the in-line seating logs but the side by side seats were a requirement by the Oriental Land Company for Tokyo Disneyland which was being built at the same time as WDW. In Japan it isn't sociably correct to sit between another persons legs as featured in the Disneyland logs.

Most disappointing ride would probably be Millennium Force. Way too over hyped. Stitch's Great Escape was also a major let down. I guess I was just expecting Alien Encounter :(

In Japan it isn't sociably correct to sit between another persons legs as featured in the Disneyland logs.

I am not too fond of it myself, the double wide logs are better. Also Disney should have left Alien Encounter alone, Stitch's Great Escape stinks.

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to agree with Upallnite. My least favorite ride has to be Dark Knight.

There was so much hype and it did not live up to that hype in my opinion.

Dark Knight is an OK wild mouse coaster but I feel it failed to meet expectations.

It seems that Dark Knight was built to camouflage the fact that Old Country was being closed off.

We lost Freefall the year before. Then Chiller and MTWE were removed. And the area with Autobahn and Muzik Express was shut.

We literally lost five rides for one. And if you add the loss of Flying Wave and the fact The Houdini's Great Escape was closed brings the total to seven rides lost.

All this combined with a poor ride experience helps to make Dark Knight one of my least favorite rides.

I think Mantis at Cedar Point is my least favorite, i wont go on a standing coaster again. i barely fit in the restraints at 6'4 and it tore up my shoulders. Voodoo at Dorney is a close second, i almost fell asleep, i dont consider it a roller coaster.

Mantis is a terrible coaster. Chang and Riddler's Revenge are better and the TOGOs like Kings Dominion Shockwave are allot of fun.

Edited by darkridedan