VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Least Favorite Ride

29yrswithaGApass

What is your LEAST favorite ride that you have ridden and why?

My least favorite ride is Zamperla's Power Surge. The one pictured here is at Cypress Gardens in Florida. The seats lacked any padding and the motion of the ride slammed you repeatedly from side to side. The oversize neck harness did not feature any secondary safety strap and for much of the ride your weight is resting on the harness. I spent most of the ride thinking "if this thing pops open......". :crackup:

IMG_5763.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

My least favorite ride is Stitch's Great Escape at walt diensy world. You dont even move and they have these restraints pushing down on your sholders and by the end, my arms and neck were bleeding and all red!

Stitch's Great Escape sucks, Alien Encounter was so much better. The very worst part of Stitch is the ending which is very lame. I would also add Journey Into "Your" Imagination which was super lame, they should have left the ride as the original Journey Into Imagination which was great.

^ Agree! There's a chapter in the book Realityland that talks about how supposedly Disney tricked Kodak into sponsoring the new version of the ride. Journey into Imagination was the number two attraction at EPCOT (behind only Spaceship Earth), but Disney rerouted walkways so visitors were more likely to head to Honey, I Shrunk the Audience which drove attendance numbers down and made Kodak reconsider replacing the classic ride.

51YgmZYCMDL._SS500_.jpg

• 1 month later...
Mean Streak at Cedar Point. HOLY CRAP. That ride hurt so bad, you'd have to pay me to ride it again.

Mean Streak can be pretty brutal. I actually rode the front seat of it with a Sony Handicam back in 1998. You can see when the train hit the bottom of the first 3 hills the picture jumps and skips from the heavy vibration. (and the prehistoric camera without steady shot). I recently put the video up on Youtube, and you can see it right here.....

actually, here is a far better quality video of the same ride, taken from a camera mounted on the front of the car. No vibration and image loss here....

Edited by J4Sing

That would be Hypersonic XLC. XLR-8 was the arrow suspended at Astroworld.

XLR-8 at Astroworld was great! Hypersonic XLC sucks, I only rode it twice. The first time banged my knees real bad and the second time banged my head bad, I also heard that it breaks down every day. Plus they had it so the line was out in the midway (not in queues) so it is real easy for people to cut in line.

Edited by The Master

XLR-8 at Astroworld was great! Hypersonic XLC sucks, I only rode it twice. The first time banged my knees real bad and the second time banged my head bad, I also heard that it breaks down every day. Plus they had it so the line was out in the midway (not in queues) so it is real easy for people to cut in line.

No more! (Picture from Theme Park Review)

kddom34_157.jpg

• 3 months later...
Stitch's Great Escape is such a disappointing attraction. Alien Encounter was so much better than it. I loved the sign they had posted outside the entrance to Alien Encounter before it opened to the public.

scan-1.jpg

I agree. Alien Encounter was my mom's favorite ride. My least favorite ride is Superman Ultimate Flight.

Luis L.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest warnerleroy
Stitch's Great Escape is such a disappointing attraction. Alien Encounter was so much better than it. I loved the sign they had posted outside the entrance to Alien Encounter before it opened to the public.

scan-1.jpg

UGH!!!!!!!!STITCH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!WHY DID DISNEY TAKE OUT AE FOR THIS?!?!WALT WOULD CRY!! :(:sneaky2::puke:

Edited by warnerleroy

I have to finally give in. FMTTM has not grown on me as much as I thought it would, and witht he issues I've had with glasses not working, the screen being blurry, and how brief it is, I have to say right now this is on my mantle as least favorite. Too bad because I really try to give rides the benefit of the doubt.