VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

My idea for Looney Tunes Seaport redo

MarioSonic94

I have an idea for a redo of the remaining half of Looney Tunes Seaport

It would still be called Looney Tunes Seaport, but Bugs, Daffy, and the Road Runner would be out. Replaced by the Looney Tunes characters from 1967-1969. Here's a few examples of the characters from that era

Cool Cat

Cool_Cat,_the_Looney_Tunes_cartoon_character.gif

Merlin the Magic Mouse

m0108021.jpg

Rapid Rabbit and Quick Brown Fox

rapid02.jpg

Bunny and Claude

bunny02.jpg

(Not pictured- Chimp and Zee, Norman Normal)

Ride renames

Bugs Bunny Seaport Barnstormer- Cool Cat Barnstormers

Road Runner Railway- Rapid Rabbit and Quick Brown Fox

Daffy's Deep Diver- Merlin's Crazy Sub

Taz Tornado- Chimp and Zee Swings

Pepe Le Pew's Hearts Aweigh- Bunny and Claude's Mad Cups

What do you think?

Yeah but nobody really knows these characters. Your ideas are good for a new addition, but LTSP is in more need than just new ride name. I personally like it, but SIx FLags is moire focused on the marketing associated with the more popular Looney Tunes. What should happen is all rides repainted and keep original names BUT add one or two rides to the are with these characters to "refresh" it.

• 11 months later...

They should have removed the remainder of LTSP and built the standup coaster there (balancing out the coasters in the park) and then used the cleared area where GASM was for an expansion of Golden Kingdom with some of the rides from LTSP and some new flats. That would have left a sizable buffer area along the parking lot as well as meant the standup could have been run through a partially wooded area and been named Jersey Devil.

Why would you want too see the park get rid of rides? That happens enough already!

Yeah we can't afford to lose any more rides, I doubt there is a park in the world that has lost as many rides as we have in the last 10 years.

LTSP is the worst of all the kiddie sections, it's run down and kind of outdated, although I love the music and scenery. What I'd like them to do would be take out some of the kiddie rides, put some coaster there or whatever, and then move some of the kiddie rides to each of the other themed sections.

I think one Looney-Tunes themed kiddie section is good enough. I'd really rather all the kiddie rides be put in one section, like Kings Island, then we'd be a shoe-in for Best Kids Area.

Right now, we could win Best Kids AreaS, though.

But I don't think we should get rid of Bugs and Daffy. They're not recognizable for some kids as it is, let alone those characters you suggested. I'd say we should wait for WB to come out with another good kids movie, and at some point retheme LTSP to fit that.

LTSP is the worst of all the kiddie sections, it's run down and kind of outdated, although I love the music and scenery. What I'd like them to do would be take out some of the kiddie rides, put some coaster there or whatever, and then move some of the kiddie rides to each of the other themed sections.

I think one Looney-Tunes themed kiddie section is good enough. I'd really rather all the kiddie rides be put in one section, like Kings Island, then we'd be a shoe-in for Best Kids Area.

Right now, we could win Best Kids AreaS, though.

But I don't think we should get rid of Bugs and Daffy. They're not recognizable for some kids as it is, let alone those characters you suggested. I'd say we should wait for WB to come out with another good kids movie, and at some point retheme LTSP to fit that.

LTSP is by far my favorite kids area by theme, but it really does need to be cleanes up(new paint, fix ups, etc) Then it really would be Disney quality.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a very interesting idea. In all it doesn't matter what theme the area is. People will go in or not go in based on the rides. Though not sure if using older characters would be worth the cost of investment since thy woudl need to pay for the character rights.

The areas rides mostly stink. roadrunner is a terrible coaster and barnstormer is just a dull ride even for kidde/family ride standards. the only way to make the area better would be to work in worth while rides both the kids and adults will want to ride. right now the rides are simply there and might as well not be.

To justify my comments about characters lets look at 2 Disney rides. Mr toads Wild ride - the highly popular ride still operates on CA and is greatly missed in FL but the character is not all that well known. The biggest example is Splash Mountain. The attraction is based around a movie that is not even available in the US and has had little to no publication world wide in the last 30 years.