VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 7- Bring Back Saturday Night Lights

As we shared with you back in May, the song line-up for Saturday Night Lights was indeed changed for this season. Songs now include:

Karn Evil - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Born to Run - Bruce Springstein

Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

Mr. Blue Sky - ELO

Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns N' Roses

The performance was cut short so it is possible it still wraps up with Love Reign O'er Me by the Who.

Impressive show!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading on Railer's trip report that this weekends Saturday Night Lilghts was cancelled, I was wondering how many of the eight shows were actually "a go"?

1. July 4 - show ended early

2. July 10 - ?

3. July 17 - ?

4. July 24 - ?

5. July 31 - ?

6. Aug 7 - cancelled

7. Aug 14 - ?

8. Aug 21 - TBD

gallery_2_43_8799.jpg

I was at the July !0 show, it was a full show, and i know that the 17th was canceled due to dry conditions from Jackson firemarshal acording to the sign, july 24 went on my son and i were there for that, july 31 cancledright before the show started, they did there test fire then canceleed due to wind about 20 min later

With gafreak's updates:

1. July 4 - show ended early

2. July 10 - YES

3. July 17 - no- dry conditions

4. July 24 - YES

5. July 31 - no - winds

6. Aug 7 - ?

7. Aug 14 - no - winds

8. Aug 21 - TBD

I am asking because I am hoping they will roll the missed performances to later dates, like Aug 28, Sept 4, and maybe one for he last weekend of the season!

Unfortunately tonight's fireworks had to be canceled. I knew as soon as I saw the test shell go up and the smoke blew right into the Grandstand that things would be called off for tonight. I think they only managed 2 shows this season! The weather has been great for the park, just not great for fireworks this season... :(

Maybe next Saturday :)

Ive always thought that a water fountain show like WoC would suit the park well. for starters, watershows can't get cancelled due to wind, which has cancelled most of SNL's shows. Also, have you seen what you can do with waterjets these days? Its incredible. WoC should have SF planning their own show. WoC is a crowd pleaser. If its a good show, no doubt it will put gadv over the top as a nighttime destination. Who hear wouldn't want to see Batman, Joker, Riddler, Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Flash, Green lantern, or any other character SFI has rights to projected on a fountain?

IMO, its the perfect move for Gadv

Yes unless they were to somehow put the jets on a barge and use the lakewater and a pump system, but I think the brown water wouldnt be that great to view, the lake has always had a dark tint probably from alge, plus a man made concrete pad the water is filtered to stop from the jets being pluged by debris.