VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Warner LeRoy's Russian Tea Room

29yrswithaGApass

Click on the image to view full size.

gallery_2_312_50.jpg

The article isn't too flattering of the restaurant but it is good to hear that it still has some of Warner LeRoy's touches. The tree reminds of Great Adventure's Fairy Tales Bazaar that use to be in one of the Dream Street Tents.

I think I'll stop by next time I am in NYC before it closes like the Tavern on the Green.

gallery_2_43_93039.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

I've always been a big fan of Warner LeRoy and his "over the top" way of doing things.  But, the Russian Tea Room, was another example of his inability to manage, budget and plan the opening of his projects accordingly.  Like Great Adventure, he really has a history of opening his projects before they are completely ready to open and I think this really hurts when it comes to the guests he welcomes during that initial period.  Positive word-of-mouth remains amongst the most powerful forms of advertising and he really seemed to overlook it in almost all of his projects. The ability to "wow" people is greatly diminished when people are first exposed to something that is unfinished.

• 7 months later...